名词:threader 动词过去式:threaded 过去分词:threaded 现在分词:threading 第三人称单数:threads
1 [C, U] (length of) spun cotton, wool, silk, etc; thin strand of nylon, etc （一段）棉、毛、丝等线; 细股尼龙等
*loose threads 未捻紧的线
* a needle and thread, ie for sewing 针线（用于缝纫的）
* a robe embroidered with gold thread 用金线 的长袍.2 [C] ~ (of sth) (fig 比喻) very thin thing resembling a thread 细如线状的东西
*fine threads of red in the marble 大理石上的红色线状花纹
* A thread of light emerged from the keyhole. 从钥匙孔透出一线亮光.3 [C] (fig 比喻) line of thought connecting parts of a story, etc （贯穿故事等各部分的）线索, 脉络
*pick/take up the thread(s), ie continue after an interruption 接上 线（中断後的联系）
* The chairman gathered up the threads of the debate, ie summarized what had been said. 主席把辩论中的各种意见概括了一下.
4 [C] spiral ridge of a screw or bolt 螺纹. =>illus at screw 见screw插图.
5 threads [pl] (US sl 俚) clothes 衣物; 衣服.6 (idm 习语) hang by a hair/a single thread => hang1. lose the thread => lose.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr]
(a) pass thread, string, etcthrough (sth) 将线、细绳、带子等穿过（某物）; 纫
*threada needle (with cotton) （用线）纫针.
(b) put (beads, etc) on a thread, etc 将（珠子等）穿在线等上
*threading pearls (on a string) to make a necklace 把珍珠穿（在绳）上做项链.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] pass (film, tape, string, etc) through sth and into the required position for use 将（影片、带子、绳子等）穿过某物置于备用位置
*thread film in(to a projector) 把影片装进（放映机里）去
* thread the wire through (the pulley) 把金属丝穿进（滑轮）去.
3 (idm 习语) thread one's way through (sth) go carefully or with difficulty through (sth) 小心地穿过或挤过（某物）
*threading my way through the crowded streets （我）小心地穿过拥挤的街道.
1. The girl is always busy with her needle and thread. 这个女孩总是忙于针线活。
2. No! The thread was carried safely from one wall to the other. 不！蜘蛛终于安全地将丝从这一面墙拉到了另一面墙。
3. He digressed so often in his speech that he lost the thread of his discourse. 他在演讲时常常扯得离题太远了。
4. Six times she tried to reach the opposite wall to fix her thread, and six times she failed. 它六次试图把吐出的丝接到对面的墙上，六次都失败了。
5. I´ll mend the hole in your blouse if you give me a needle and thread. 你要是给我针和钱，我就给你把罩衫的洞补好。