n.头衔,名称,标题,冠军,资格,字幕,权利,扉页 vt.赋予头衔,加标题于 adj.标题的,用作书名的
动词过去式:titled 过去分词:titled 现在分词:titling 第三人称单数:titles
1 [C] name of a book, poem, picture, etc （书、诗歌、图画等的）名称, 题目, 标题.
2 [C] word used to show a person's rank, occupation, etc (eg King, mayor, captain) or used in speaking to or about him (eg Lord, Doctor, Mrs) 称号; 头衔（如国王、市长、船长）;称谓（如勋爵、博士、夫人）
*She has a title, ie is a memberof the nobility. 她有贵族头衔.
3 [U, C] ~ (to sth/to do sth) (law 律) right or claim, esp to the ownership of property 权益; 权利; （尤指）财产所有权
*Has he any title to the land? 他有这块土地的所有权吗?
* disputing the country's title to the islands 争论该国对那些岛是否有主权.
4 [C] (sport 体) championship 冠军
*win the world heavyweight title 获重量级世界拳击冠军
* [attrib 作定语] a title fight 冠军争夺战.
[Date: 1300-1400; Language: Old French;Origin:Latin titulus]
the name given to a particular book, painting, play etc
The title of this play is 'Othello'.
His novel was one of last year's best-selling titles.
[C]a) a name such as 'Sir' or 'Professor', or abbreviations such as 'Mrs' or 'Dr', that are used before someone's name to show their rank or profession, whether they are married etc
b) a name that describes someone's job or position
Her official title is editorial manager.
the position of being the winner of an important sports competition
Tyson won the WBA title in 1987.
the legal right to have or own something
He has title to the land.
1. The official title of the person is ´Justiteombudsman´, but the Swedes commonly refer to him as the ´J. O. ´ or ´Ombudsman´. 此人官衔为"司法特派员"，但瑞典人一般管他叫"J.O."，即"司法特派员"。
2. Tomintoul, Scotland — On Saturday night at The Grouse's Nest, they're still willing to raise a glass or two to “Lord Williams” , though now his title prompts laughter. 苏格兰托明陶尔——周六晚，在"牢骚酒吧"，村民依旧乐意向"威廉斯勋爵"祝酒，尽管这个头衔现在只能引来阵阵笑声。
3. A third, a keen viewer of TV theatre, recognized a phrase in the poem which had been used as the title of a recent play. 第三个学生是电视剧的热心观众，他记起了最近有一出剧就是用这首诗中的一句话作为剧名。
4. Its title was the Origin of Species, written by Charles Darwin. 书的名字叫"物种起源". 作者是查理士.达尔文.