油炸小面包 烤碎面包块 油煎面包碎片
动词过去式:toasted 过去分词:toasted 现在分词:toasting 第三人称单数:toasts
1 sliced bread made brown and crisp by heating under a grill, in a toaster, etc 烤面包片（面包切成片後放在烤架下、面包片加热器等中烤黄、烤脆）
*make some toast for breakfast 把面包片烤热作早餐
* a poached egg on toast 烤面包片加荷包蛋
* two slices of buttered toast 两片涂黄油的烤面包片.
2 (idm 习语) have sb on `toast (infml 口) have sb completelyat one's mercy 任意摆布某人. warm as toast => warm1.
v [I, Tn] become or make brown and crisp by heating 烤黄; 烤脆
*a toasted (cheese) sandwich 烤过的（乾酪）三明治
* (fig 比喻) toasting oneself/one's feet in front of the fire 烤火[烤烤脚]. toaster n electrical device for toasting slices of bread （电的）面包片加热器.
v [Tn] wish happiness, success, etc to (sb/sth) by drinking wine, etc 为（某人[某事物]）幸福、成功等祝酒
*toast the bride and groom 为新娘和新郎祝酒
* toast the success of a new company 为新公司获得成功而乾杯.
1 act of toasting 祝酒; 敬酒
*propose a loyal toast to the Queen 提议向女王敬酒
* drink a toast 乾杯
* reply/respond to the toast, ie (of the person toasted) make a speech in reply （接受敬酒的人）致答词.
2 person,etc toasted 受敬酒的人等
*be the toast of (ie praised and congratulated by) the whole neighbourhood 受到邻里交口称赞和祝贺的人.
slices of bread that have been toasted
1. He spread some strawberry jam on his toast. 他把草莓酱涂在烤面包片上.
2. As usual, she didn't know what to have for breakfast, so she grabbed a glass of milk and ate a piece of toast while standing by the sink. Just then, her mother, Jane, entered the kitchen. 和往常一样，她不知道早餐该吃什么，便抓了杯牛奶，站在洗菜池旁吃了一块烤面包。就在此时，她妈妈简走进了厨房。