/'tʊerɪst; also, in ɑritish use, 英式英语读作 tɔ:r-; `turɪst/
1 person who is travelling or visiting a place for pleasure 旅行者; 旅游者; 观光客
*London is full of tourists in the summer. 在夏季伦敦有很多游客.
* [attrib 作定语] a `tourist agency 旅行社.
2 (sport 体) memberof a team on tour(3) 巡回比赛运动队队员
*the Australian tourists 澳大利亚巡回比赛运动队队员. touristy adj (infml derog 口, 贬) full of tourists; designed to attract tourists 游客很多的; 吸引游客的
*The coast is terribly touristy now. 海滨区现在到处都是游客.
someone who is travelling or visiting a place for pleasure
→traveller Cambridge is always full of tourists in the summer. The Statue of Liberty is a major tourist attraction . What effect will this have on the local tourist industry ?tourist centre/destination/resort etc Durham, with its cathedral and castle, is a popular tourist centre.
1. He was a tourist. 他是个旅游者。
2. Advertising has played a large part in the growth of tourism, when hotels and travel agencies began to advertise the attractions of different tourist areas, the airlines and other transportation companies advertised the low fares to reach them. 广告业对旅游业的发展起了很大作用。当旅馆和旅行社做旅游胜地的广告时，航空公司和其它运输公司就做开了到达这些地方的便宜票的广告。
3. "Couldn't she just enter on the 90-day tourist document, like any other citizen of the European Union?" I inquired. "难道她不可以像欧盟国家之间的公民那样凭90天的旅游证件进入美国吗？" 我询问道。
4. She is tourist guide of a travel bureau. 她是一家旅游社的导游。
5. I would leave the next day to accompany an important Chinese businessman to tourist sites in northern Thailand. 我必须在第二天出发陪一位重要的中国商人到泰国北部的旅游点。