名词:tracker 动词过去式:tracked 过去分词:tracked 现在分词:tracking 第三人称单数:tracks 形容词:trackable
1 (usu pl 通常作复数) line or series of marks left by a moving vehicle, person, animal, etc （车辆、人、动物等行走时留下的）踪迹, 足迹, 痕迹
*`tyre tracks in the mud 泥地上的车胎印
* We followed his tracks through the snow. 我们循着雪地上他留下的脚印走.
* fresh `bear tracks 熊的新足迹.
2 course taken by sth/sb (whether it can be seen or not) 某事物的进程; 某事物[某人]的路径或路线
*the track of a storm, comet, satellite 风暴、彗星、卫星的路线
* following in the track of earlier explorers 沿着先前探险者的路径前进.
3 path or rough road, esp one made by vehicles, people oranimals 路, 小径（尤指车辆、人或动物造成的）
*a muddytrack through the forest 穿过森林的泥泞小路
* `sheep tracks across the moor 羊群踏出的穿越高沼地的小径.4 (a) set of rails for trains （火车的）轨道
*a single/doubletrack, ie one pair/two pairs of rails 单[双]轨
* The train left the track, ie was derailed. 火车出轨了.
(b) (US) railway platform （火车站的）站台
*The train for Chicago is on track 9. 开往芝加哥的列车停靠在第9站台.5 prepared course or circuit for racing （比赛用的）跑道
*a`cycling/`running/`greyhound/`motor-racing track 自行车赛[赛跑/赛狗/汽车赛]的跑道
* [attrib 作定语] `trackracing 径赛. =>Usage at path 用法见path.
6 (a) sectionof a gramophone record 唱片的一段录音
*Her new album has two great tracks (eg songs) on it. 她的新唱片集里有两段（如歌曲）特别棒.
(b) channel of a recordingtape （录音磁带上的）声道
*[attrib 作定语] a sixteen-tracktape recorder 十六声道录音机.
(c) (computing 计) section of a disk, etc in which information is stored （磁盘等的）道（储存信息用的）.
7 continuous belt round the wheels of a bulldozer, tank, etc, on which it moves （推土机、坦克等的）履带.
8 rail along which sth (eg a curtain or a cupboard door) is moved （物件, 如帘幕、橱门等的）滑道, 滑轨.
9 (idm 习语) cover one's tracks => cover1. from/on the wrong side of the tracks => wrong. hot on sb's tracks/trail => hot. in one's `tracks (infml 口) where one is; suddenly 就地; 当场; 突然
*He fell dead in his tracks. 他当场死去.
* Your question stopped him in his tracks, ie disconcerted him. 你提的问题让他当场下不来台. jump the rails/track => jump2. keep/lose track of sb/sth keep/fail to keep informed about sb/sth 与某人[某事]保持[失去]联系
*It's hard to keep track of (ie maintain contact with) all one's old school friends. 与中学时的所有老校友都保持联系是很困难的.
* lose track of time, ie forget what time it is 说不准现在的确切时间. make `tracks (for...) (infml 口) leave (for a place) 离去（向某地）
*It's time we made tracks (for home). 我们该（家）走了. off the beaten track => beat1. on the right/wrong `track thinking or acting in a correct/incorrect way 想法或做法对[不对]
*We haven't found the solution yet, but I'm sure we're on the right track. 我们还没有找到解决办法, 但我肯定我们的思路是对的. on sb's track pursuing sb 追踪某人
*The police are on the track of the gang. 警方正在追踪那帮团伙.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb/sth (to sth) follow the track of sb/sth 追踪某人[某物]
*track a satellite, missile, etc using radar 用雷达追踪卫星、导弹等
* The police tracked the terrorists to their hide-out. 警方追踪恐怖分子至其藏匿处.
* track an animal to its lair 追踪一动物至其窝穴.
2 [I, Ipr, Ip] (cinema 影) (of a camera) move along while filming （指摄影机）移动摄影
*a tracking shot 跟踪摄影.
3 (phr v) track sb/sth down findsb/sth by searching 经追踪或搜索而发现某人[某物]
*track down an animal (to its lair) 追踪（至窝穴）发现一动物
* I finally tracked down the reference in a dictionary of quotations. 我终于在引语词典中查到了那段引文. tracker n person who tracks wild animals, etc 追踪野兽等的人. `tracker dog dog used for tracking criminals, etc 用以追踪犯罪分子等的犬.
1. They are laying a railroad track. 他们正在铺设一条铁路轨道。
2. The computer will automatically keep track of the number of items and their price. 电脑会自动记录物品的数目和价格。
3. He said that someone might be spying on the station and the pilot was ordered to keep track of the strange object. 他说可能有人正对基地进行侦察，因此命令那个飞行员跟踪那个奇怪的飞行物。
4. He runs round the track or plays ball games. 他或者沿跑道跑跑步或者打打球。
5. Don´t draw a red herring across the track. 不要转移别人对主要问题的注意力。
6. As we bumped over the dusty track, we swerved to avoid large boulders: 我们在尘士飞扬的道路上颠簸，车子东拐西弯，以躲开那些大圆石。
7. And I never can keep track of how many months old he is.” 而且我从来都记不住他有几个月大。"
8. People also enjoy the excitement of climbing mountains or of riding in a boat on a river that is moving very quickly or of racing in a car around a track. 从登山中，从在湍急的河流里扬帆荡桨中以及从竞技车赛中人们获得刺激。
9. Clerks in stores followed our track to watch our every move. 商店营业员紧紧地跟着我们、监视着我们的一举一动。
10. On a race track? 在赛车道上吗？