n.踏,步态,梯级,踏板,轮胎面,交尾,鞋底 vi.踏,行走,踩碎,践踏,交尾 vt.踩,踏,践踏,跳
动词过去式:trod 过去分词:trodden/trod 现在分词:treading 第三人称单数:treads 形容词:treadless
v (pt trod / trCd; trBd/, pp trodden / 5trCdn; `trBdn/ or trod)
1 [I, Ipr] ~ (on, etc sth/sb)
(a) set one's foot down; walk or step 踩; 行走; 踏
*She trod lightly so as not to wake the baby. 她步子很轻, 以免惊醒孩子.
* explorers going where no man had trod (ie been) before 前往杳无人迹之处的勘探者
* tread on sb's toe 踩在某人的脚趾上
* Mind you don't tread in that puddle. 小心, 别踩着那水坑.
* (fig 比喻) It is a sensitive issue so we must tread (ie speak, proceed) carefully. 这是个敏感的问题, 绝不可掉以轻心.
(b) (of a foot) be setdown （指脚）踩下, 踏下.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ sth (in/down/out) press or crush sth with the feet 踩紧或踩碎某物
*tread grapes, ie to make wine 踩碎葡萄（制酒）
* Don't tread your ash into my carpet! 别把你的烟灰踩到我的地毯里!
* tread the earth down around the roots 把根部周围的泥土踩实
* tread out fire in the grass 把草地上的火踩灭.
3 [Tn, Tn.pr] make (a path, etc) by walking 踩出（一条路等）
*The cattle had trodden a path to the pond. 牛群踩出了一条通往池塘的小径.
4 (idm 习语) ,tread the `boards (rhet or joc 修辞或谑) be an actor 当演员. ,tread on `air feel very happy 欢天喜地. ,tread on sb's `corns/`toes (infml 口) offend or annoy sb 冒犯或得罪某人
*I don't want to tread on anybody's toes so I won't say what I think. 我谁也不想得罪, 所以我不把想法说出来. ,tread on sb's `heels follow sb closely 紧跟某人. ,tread/,walk a `tightrope => tightrope. ,tread `water keep oneself upright in deep water by making treading movements with the legs 踩水（游泳动作）.
1 [sing] manner or sound of walking 步法; 步态; 脚步声
*walk with a heavy tread 脚步沉重地行走.
2 [C] upper surface of a step or stair （台阶或楼梯的）踏面, 梯面.
3 [C, U] outer grooved surface of a tyre that is in contact with the road （轮胎的）踏面, 胎面
*Driving with worn tread(s) can be dangerous. 轮胎胎面磨损的汽车开着有危险.
1. Don´t tread on the flower beds. 勿踩花坛。