n.(短途)旅行,绊倒,摔倒,失足,往返,差错,支吾,旅程 vt.使跌倒,使犯错,使失败,挑剔 vi.轻快地走,摔倒,绊倒,失足,结巴,远足,犯错,旅行
动词过去式:tripped 过去分词:tripped 现在分词:tripping 第三人称单数:trips
1 (a) [I, Ipr, Ip] ~ (over/up) catch one's foot on sth and stumble or fall 绊; 绊倒
*She tripped (over the cat) and fell. 她（让猫）绊了一跤.
* Be careful you don't trip (up) on the mat. 小心别在地席上绊倒了.
* I tripped over, dropping the tray I was carrying. 我绊了一下, 手中的托盘掉在地上了.
(b) [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sb (up) cause sb to do this 使某人绊跤; 绊倒某人
*He tried to trip me up. 他想把我绊倒.
2 [I, Ipr, Ip] walk, run or dance with quick light steps 轻快地行走、奔跑或跳舞
*She came tripping down the garden path. 她轻快地沿着花园小路跑来.
* (fig 比喻) a melody with a light tripping rhythm 节奏轻快的曲调.
3 [Tn] release (a switch or catch); operate (a mechanism) by doing this 松开（开关）; （松开开关）开动（机器）
*trip the shutter, ie of a camera 按动快门
* If anyone tampers with this door it trips the alarm. 要是有人撬这扇门, 就会触响警报器.
4 [I, Ip] ~ (out) (dated sl 旧, 俚) have a trip(n 1) （通常指短途）行走, 行驶, 旅行（尤指娱乐）.
5 (phr v) trip (sb) up (cause sb to) make a mistake, reveal a secret, etc （使某人）犯错误、泄漏秘密等
*The lawyer was tryingto trip the witnesses up, ie make them contradict themselves.那律师竭力想让证人互相矛盾.
* I tripped up in the interview and said something rather silly. 我在面试中不慎说了一些蠢话.
1 (usu short) journey, esp for pleasure （通常指短途的）行走, 行驶, 旅行（尤指娱乐性的）
*a trip to the seaside 海滨之行
* during my last trip to London 在我上次去伦敦的行程中
* a honeymoon trip to Venice前往威尼斯的蜜月旅行. =>Usage at journey 用法见journey.
2 (sl 俚) experience, esp one caused by taking a hallucinating drug 体验; （尤指服用致幻剂後的）幻觉体验
*an acid (ie LSD) trip 迷幻药产生的幻觉
* a good/bad trip 舒服的[不舒服的]迷幻感受.
3 act of tripping (trip v 1) or being tripped; fall or stumble 绊; 绊倒.
4 device for tripping (trip v 3) a mechanism 松开机械开关的装置.
1. Before this trip, I would have wondered the same thing. 如果这发生在我此行之前，我也会同样感到惊讶。
2. But they believed he could handle the long trip, as well as the work. 但他们相信他有能力做好这份工作，也有能力克服这遥远的路途。
3. We saw a picturesque old mill on our trip. 我们在旅途中见到了如画一般的老磨房。
4. We had a trip to the coast last Saturday. 上星期六我们到海边旅行去了。
5. The food is for our consumption on the trip. 这些食物是供我们旅行用的。
6. The company defrays the expenses of our trip. 公司支付我们旅行的费用。
7. The irregularities in depth of the shallow water close to the land bring danger to trip. 靠近陆地的浅水区深浅不一给航行带来了危险.
8. The man was ordered to pay $345 for the cost of the trip. The normal price of a ticket is $230! 他被罚付三百四十五英镑作为旅费. 而正常的票价则是二百三十英镑！
9. They applied for a ten-day postponement of the trip. 他们要求把旅行推迟十天。
10. The pie committee decided that the best way to transport the dish would be by canal, so they insured it for the trip. 馅饼委员会确认运输这只盘子的最佳方案是通过运河水运。于是，他们对这只盘子的运输安全投了保。