1 [C, U] (situation causing) worry, pain, difficulty, danger, etc 忧虑、苦恼、痛苦、困难、危险等（产生的环境）
*We're having trouble with our new car. 我们的新汽车很让人伤脑筋.
* My teeth are giving (ie causing) me trouble. 我牙疼得难受.
* If we're late, there'll be/it'll mean trouble, ie unpleasantness, perhaps involving punishment. 我们要是迟到就倒霉了.
* family trouble(s), eg disagreements between parents and children 家庭纠纷（如父母与子女不合）
* Our troubles are not over yet. 我们的烦恼还没完呢.
* The idea soon ran into trouble. 那种想法不久就捅出楼子了.
* The trouble (ie problem) (with you) is... （你的）问题在于...
* What's the trouble? ie What's wrong? 出什么事了?
2 (a) [U] ~ (to sb) inconvenience; bother 不便; 麻烦; 烦扰
*I don't want to be any trouble (to you). 我不想打扰（你）.
* Were the children much trouble? 这些孩子很烦人吗?
* I can come back tomorrow, it's no trouble. 我可以明天回来, 没问题.
* Repairing it is more trouble than it's worth. 这东西修理起来很麻烦, 不值得修.
* I'm sorry to have to put you to so much trouble. 很抱歉, 给您添了这么多麻烦.
(b) [sing] (fml 文) thing that causes inconvenience or difficulty 造成不便或困难的事物
*This dish is delicious but rather a trouble to prepare. 这种菜好吃不好做.
* I find getting up early a great trouble. 我觉得早起床可不容易.
3 [C, U] disputes, fighting, etc; unrest 纠纷、纷争等; 不宁; 动乱
*the recent trouble(s) in South Africa 南非近日的动乱
* The firm's been hit by a lot of labour trouble, eg strikes. 这个公司劳资纠纷（如罢工）频仍而严重受挫.
(a) illness 疾病
*stomach, heart, liver, etc trouble 胃病、心脏病、肝病
* a history of mental trouble 精神病病史.
(b) faulty operation, eg of a machine or vehicle 故障（如机器或车辆的）
*My car's got engine trouble. 我的汽车发动机出毛病了.
5 (idm 习语) ask for trouble/it => ask. ,get into `trouble cause trouble for oneself, eg by making a mistake 惹上麻烦（如因犯错所致）
*Even an experienced climber can get into trouble. 那怕是个有经验的登山者也能陷入困境.
* He got into trouble with the police, eg was arrested. 他惹事落到了警方手里（如被捕了）. get sb into `trouble
(a) cause trouble for sb 给某人惹上麻烦
*Don't mention my name or you'll get me into trouble. 别提我的名字, 免得给我惹麻烦.
(b) (infml 口) make (an unmarried woman) pregnant 使（未婚女子）怀孕
*He got his girl-friend into trouble. 他使女朋友怀孕了.give (sb) (some, no, any, etc) `trouble cause trouble造成苦恼、困难、麻烦等
*The new computer's been giving (us) a lot of trouble, ie not working properly. 这台新计算机（给我们）添了许多麻烦（运转不正常）. go to a lot of, considerable, etc trouble (to do sth) do sth even though it involves effort, inconvenience, etc 不辞劳苦、不怕费事做某事
*Thank you for going to so much trouble to find what I was looking for. 多谢你这么费心找到了我要找的东西. in trouble
(a) in a situation that involves danger, punishment, pain, worry, etc 在危险、受罚、痛苦、忧虑等的处境中
*If we can't keep to the schedule, we'll be in (a lot of) trouble. 我们不按时完成计画就要倒（大）霉了.
* I'm in trouble with the police over drugs. 我因毒品事落入警方手中.
(b) (infml 口) (of an unmarried woman) pregnant （指未婚女子）怀孕. `look for trouble (infml 口) behave in a way that suggests that one is hoping for unpleasantness, a violent reaction, etc 自找麻烦; 自寻烦恼; 自找苦吃
*drunken youths roaming the streets looking for trouble 在街头游荡惹事生非的醉酒青年. make trouble (for sb) (eg of an enemy) cause trouble （如指仇敌）制造麻烦, 捣乱
*If I say no, the boss will only make trouble for me. 我要是说个｀不＇字, 老板准跟我过不去. take trouble over sth/with sth/to do sth/doing sth use much care and effort in doing sth 尽心尽力地做某事
*They took a lot of trouble to find the right person for the job. 他们费尽心血找适合做这项工作的人. take the trouble to do sth do sth even though it involves effort or difficulty 不怕费事或困难尽力做某事
*Decent journalists should take the trouble to check their facts. 责任心强的新闻工作者应该不厌其烦地核实报道内容.
1 [Tn] cause worry, pain or inconvenience to (sb); bother 使（某人）忧虑、苦恼、痛苦或不便; 打扰
*be troubled by illness, doubt, bad news 因疾病、疑虑、坏消息而苦恼
* My back's been troubling me. 我一直背疼难受.
* a troubled look 忧虑的样子
* What troubles me is that... 使我感到苦恼的是...
* I'm sorry to trouble you, but... 对不起打扰您一下, ....
2 [Tn.pr, Cn.t] ~ sb for sth
(a) (fml 文) (used with may or might in polite requests 与may或might连用表示客气的请求)
*May I trouble you for the salt? 麻烦您把盐递给我行吗?
* Might I trouble you to give me a lift to the station? 劳驾让我顺便坐您的汽车到车站去可以吗?
(b) (dated 旧) (used with I'll or I must in ironic or sarcastic requests 与I' ll或I must连用, 表示带揶揄性或讽刺性的请求)
*I'll trouble you to watch your manners. 请您注意风度.
3 [I, Ipr, It] ~ (about sth) (fml 文) (used esp in questions and negative sentences 尤用于疑问句和否定句中) let oneself be worried or concerned about sth 费神; 费心; 费劲
*`Do you want me to post it for you?' `No, don't trouble (about it), thank you.' ｀要我给您寄出去吗?＇｀不必费心了, 谢谢你.＇
* Why should I trouble to explain it all? 为什么我得费事都解释一遍呢?
4 (idm 习语) fish in troubled waters => fish2. pour oil on troubled waters => pour.