形容词比较级:truer 最高级:truest 动词过去式:trued 过去分词:trued 现在分词:truing/trueing 第三人称单数:trues 名词:true-ness
adj (-r, -st)
1 corresponding to known facts 合于事实的; 真的; 真实的; 确实的
*Is it true you're getting married? 你要结婚是真的吗?
* a true story 真实的故事
* The food is good and the same is true of the service, ie that is good too. 吃的东西很好, 服务质量也不错.
* `We've always found somewhere to stay here before.' `True, but we may not always be so lucky.' ｀我们已往在这里总能找到个落脚的地方.＇｀话倒是这么说, 可我们不一定总那么运气呀.＇
* Unfortunately what you say is only too true. 遗憾的是, 你说的都是实实在在的事.
2 [esp attrib 尤作定语]
(a) agreeing with correct principles or accepted standards 合乎正确的原则或公认的标准的
*a true judgement, assessment, analysis, etc 正确的判断、评估、分析等.
(b) rightly called what one/it is called; genuine 名副其实的; 真正的
*true love 真正 的爱
* The frog is not a true reptile. 青蛙并非真正的爬行动物.
* claimed to be the true heir 提出本人为合法继承人这一要求.
3 [esp attrib 尤作定语] exact; accurate 准确的; 精确的
*a true copy of a document 文件的准确副本
* a true pair of scales 精确的天平.
4 [esp pred 尤作表语] fitted or placed in its proper (esp upright) position （安装或放置）正, 准, （尤指）垂直
*Is the wheel true? 轮子安正了吗?
* Make sure the post is true before the concrete sets. 在混凝土凝固以前, 一定要把柱子竖直了.
5 ~ (to sth) loyal; faithful 忠实的; 忠诚的
*atrue patriot 忠贞的爱国者
* remain true to one's principles坚持自己的原则
* be true to one's word/promise, ie do as one has promised 信守诺言.
6 (idm 习语) come `true (of a hope, prediction, etc) really happen; become fact （指希望、预言等）实现, 成为事实
*It's like a dream come (ie that has come) true. 这有如梦想变成了现实. one's true `colours (often derog 常作贬义) one's true character; what one is really like 本性; 真面目
*Once he achieved power he showed (himself in) his true colours. 他一掌了权就露出了本来面目. true to sth being or acting as one would expect from sth 符合某事物; 忠实反映某事物
*True to form (ie As usual), he arrived late. 跟往常一样, 他来晚了.
* The film is very true to life, ie realistic. 这部影片非常现实.
* Plants grown from seed are not always true to type, ie exactly like the plant that gave the seed. 植物由种子发育成熟并不见得与该植物原型一模一样.
1 truly 真实地; 确实地
*She spoke truer than she knew. 她说的比她了解的更接近事实.
2 accurately 准确地; 精确地
*The arrow flew straight and true to its mark. 那箭不偏不斜地直朝目标飞去.
n (idm 习语) ,out of `true not in its proper or accurate position 位置不正
*The door is out of true. 这扇门位置不正.
1. But the Miller told him that true friends must not be selfish, so little Hans ran and picked all his pretty primroses and filled the Miller´s basket. 但是磨坊主对他说，真正的朋友不应该自私。小汉斯只好跑到花园里把所有美丽的樱草花都摘了下来，才装满了磨坊主的篮子。
2. What he says is true. 他说的是真话。
3. What the child cannot forgive is the parent´s refusal to admit these charges if the child knows them to be true. 孩子们所不能原谅的是：父母错了，孩子们也看出来了，可是做父母的还不肯承认。
4. It is extremely difficult to estimate the true value of the services which people perform for us. 但要估算别人为我们为所提供的服务的价值却是极其困难的。
5. While it's true all of us need a career, preferably a prosperous one, it is equally true that our civilization has collected an incredible amount of knowledge in fields far removed from our own. 虽然我们所有人都确实需要一份工作, 最好是一份薪水丰厚的工作，但同样确实的是我们的文明已经在远远超越我们各自业务的领域里积累了数量惊人的知识。
6. We were equally annoyed that all of what we heard was so superficial, and based on such a shallow understanding of today's true environmental problems. 同样让我们懊恼的是，我们听到的一切都相当肤浅，对当今真正环境问题的理解也很浅薄。
7. While meters don't always show the true fare (dishonest drivers sometimes adjust them to advance faster), it is seldom cheaper to rely on the driver to quote a fare. 虽然计程器不会总是显示正确的车费，（有时司机不诚实，会改装计程器让它们跑得更快，）但你也别指望司机的报价会更便宜。
8. Whether or not this is true, the high success rate of arranged marriages in different cultures — 90 percent in Iran, 95 percent in India, 不管这种说法是否正确，不同文化中包办婚姻的成功率之高，却不由得使人驻足沉思：伊朗90%，印度95%，
9. True French cuisine is ancestral. 地道的法国烹饪法是祖传的。
10. True French cuisine is ancestral. 地道的法国烹饪法是祖传的。