1 turn of
180 (by a car, etc) so as to face in the opposite direction without reversing （汽车等的）180转弯, 向後转, 掉头
*No U-turns, ie as a sign on motorways, etc. 禁止後转弯（高速公路等的标牌用语）.
2 (idm 习语) do a `U-turn (infml 口) reverse one's policy 彻底改变政策
*The government has done a U-turnon its economic policy. 政府的经济政策已经完全改变了.
a turn that you make in a car, on a bicycle etc, so that you go back in the direction you came from
make/do a U-turn
He made a quick U-turn and sped away.
a complete change of ideas, plans etc
make/do a U-turn
Critics accused the government of doing a U-turn on its promise to increase education spending.
1. But scientists are working hard to turn them into realities. 但是, 科学家们正在努力工作, 以便把想法变成现实.
2. Before I reach the door, I think I hear a voice say, money. Before I open the door I hear a voice and turn to see the man with a gun. 我同样也很生气，因为那是一个我从未见过、也从未伤害过的人在用枪指着我。
3. 'We kind of like that spirit. We don't like it with the negative attitudes. We want to turn that spirit positive.'" '我们有几分喜欢这种活力，但并不喜欢它消极的一面，而是要将它转化成积极的一面。'"
4. For it produces a resentful animal who at a later stage may well turn man-killer. 因为这种方法训练会使动物反感，在以后某个时期可能会变成伤人的动物。
5. When our part begins to turn towards the sun and we see the first sunlight, we call it morning. 当我们这半球开始转向太阳时，我们看到朝阳，这就是早晨。
6. When we begin to turn away from the sun, we have afternoon and evening and night. 我们开始转离它时，就是下午。随后是黄昏和夜晚。
7. Whenever someone learns that I'm taking care of Sam, they turn on me — telling me not to bounce him too much or he'll throw up, demanding that I give him another bottle of milk. 每当有人知道我是照看山姆的，她们就冲着我来了——要么告诉我不要让山姆跳得太多，否则他会呕吐，要么叫我再给他喂一瓶牛奶，等等。
8. When a fare does turn out to be more than you expected, think about your options. 车费真要是比你以为的多，你就得考虑该做何选择了。
9. Turn right at the next junction. 到下一个路口向右拐弯。
10. Turn to page two. 请翻到第二页.