1 in the end; finally 最後; 终于
*Ultimately, all the colonies will become independent. 所有的殖民地最终均将独立.
2 at the most basic level; fundamentally 根本; 基本上
*All matter ultimately consistsof atoms. 一切物质从根本上说都是由原子组成的.
finally, after everything else has been done or considered
Ultimately, the decision rests with the child's parents.
a long but ultimately successful campaign
1. Although agricultural production can be increased by use of machinery such as tractors and the addition of fertilizer, the land ultimately can produce only so much food and no more. 虽然使用拖拉机等机械以及施用化肥可以提高农业产量，但是土地最终所能产出的粮食只有那么多，不会再增加。
2. So this is a very pregnant moment, not only for the future of America, but also for all of the mature industrial economies and, ultimately, for the world at large. 因此这是个至关重要的时刻，这不仅仅对美国的未来、而且对所有成熟的工业化国家，并且最终对整个世界来说都是至关重要的。
3. Many schools have started conflict resolution programs to calm tensions that otherwise can build up like a volcano preparing to explode, ultimately resulting in physical violence. 许多学校都已经启动了化解冲突的工作项目，以舒缓紧张形势，要不然它们就会像火山一样蓄势待发，最终导致侵犯人身的暴力行为。
4. Ultimately, however, the real issue is why we are so afraid of wrinkles in the first place. 但是，从根本上说，真正的问题首先是我们究竟为何那么害怕皱纹。
5. I´m afraid he´ll ultimately become a juvenile delinquent. 我恐怕他最终会成为一名青少年罪犯.
6. I´m afraid he´ll ultimately become a juvenile delinquent. 我恐怕他最终会成为一名青少年罪犯.