1 againstwhat are thought to be normal American customs orvalues 非美国的; 不合美国风俗习惯或价值观念的
*Statecontrol is a very un-American notion. 实行国家控制是根本违背美国观念的.
2 against the political interests of the USA 违反美国政治利益的; 反美的; 非美的
*un-American activities, eg spying 非美活动（如针对美国的间谍活动）.
not loyal to generally accepted American customs and ways of thinking
This kind of censorship is un-American.
(=political activity believed to be harmful to the US)
1. English lawyers will say to Mrs. Smith, 'No, that contract is not valid,' while Mr.Smith will want it to be an American case. 英国律师会对史密斯夫人说'不行，那个契约无效。'而史密斯先生却想把它当作一桩美国案例来处理。
2. By the way,where can I get the best exchange rate for American dollars. 对了, 我在哪里可以获得最好的美元汇率?
3. But neither psychiatric interviews nor objective tests were able to show any effects upon these American sailors. 但是无论是精神病学的走访或客观的试验, 都不能显示噪音对这些美国水兵有任何影响.
4. Bisons used to roam through the American Great Plains. 从前野牛在美国大平原上漫游。
5. But neither psychiatric interviews nor objective tests were able to show there is any effect upon these American sailors. 但是，不管进行精神病学的调查访问，还是进行客观的测试，都不能显示噪音对这些美国水兵有任何影响。
6. By the end of October 1886, the statue had been put together again and it was officially presented to the American people by Bartholdi. 到1886年10月底，这座雕像被重新组装起来，由巴索尔地正式赠送给美国人民。
7. But he brought his American baby girl with him, and a life-style flavoured with American ways. 但是他把在美国出生、尚在襁褓中的女儿及带有美国情调的生活方式也一起带了回来。
8. Breakfast was American, pancakes or bacon or ham and eggs, taken at the kitchen table. 早餐则是美式的，煎饼或熏猪肉或火腿加鸡蛋，坐在餐桌旁吃。
9. But where the American is pressing for a specific decision, the Japanese is trying to devise a rather broad direction. 但美国人总是急于做出具体决策，而日本人却试着制定一个大方向。
10. But the Buffalo nickel, produced from 1913 to 1938, honored a pair of connected tragedies from the settlement of the American frontier — the destruction of the buffalo herds and the American Indians. 但1913至1938年间发行的野牛硬币，却是为了纪念由美国拓居引起的两起相互关联的悲剧--野牛群的灭绝和美洲印第安人的毁灭。