1. The criminal absconded to avoid arrest. 这个罪犯为躲避被捕潜逃了。
2. The police were called in, but they could not arrest anyone, for the basket contained two Members of Parliament and the Commanding Officer of the station! 警察被召来了，但他们却不能逮捕任何人，因为筐里是两名国会议员和一名基地的指挥官！
3. At this, the police pointed out ironically that this would hardly be necessary as the men were already under arrest. 警察听了这句话，讽刺地指出，这大可不必，因为这两名工人已被拘留了。
4. At this, the police pointed out ironically that this would hardly be necessary as the men were already under arrest. 警察听后讥讽地说，这大可不必，因为他俩已被逮捕了。
5. Arrest seemed but a rosy dream. 被捕仿佛是个美丽的梦幻；
6. You can´t arrest me! There must be some mistake! 你们不能逮捕我! 一定是弄错了!
7. Soapy walked on, muttering insults against policemen who would not arrest him. 苏比还继续往前走，一边走一边低声咒骂就是不逮捕他的那几个警察。
8. Of course, we should arrest him, but as he has a good record, we shall let him off this time.´ 当然，我们应该逮捕它，但由于它一贯表现很好，这次我们饶了它。"
9. Imagine Japanese soldiers firing at passers-by in the streets of Beijing and Tianjin — and Kuomintang agents breaking into college dormitories at midnight to arrest anyone whose name was on the black list! 想象一下日本士兵在北京和天津的大街上向过路人开火——国民党密探深更半夜闯入大学的学生宿舍逮捕黑名单上的人！
10. In the only interview he has given since his arrest a year ago, Mr. Williams discussed his motives for the crime with a London newspaper: 自一年前被捕以来，威廉斯先生仅接受过一次采访。采访中，他对伦敦一家报纸谈到了自己的犯罪动机：