1. But suppose the earth could be covered with sensors spaced one foot apart, rising at one-foot intervals all the way to the top of the atmosphere. 假设地球上可以布满传感器，每个相隔1英尺，并按1英尺的间隔从地面一直排列到大气层的顶端。
2. By 12.01, those fluctuations will already have created small errors one foot away. 到12：01时，那些波动就已经会在1英尺远的地方造成偏差。
3. Behind him stood an enormous Russian, about six foot four, in the white coat of a Russian waiter. 斯大林后面站着一个高大的俄国人，大约有六英尺四英寸高，身穿俄国侍者的白色礼服。
4. The holes are only borings, less than a foot in diameter. 油井仅仅是一些钻孔, 其直径不到一英尺.
5. There are 12 inches in a foot. 一英尺等于十二英寸。
6. The poor girl, with a basket on her back, searched all day from the riverside to the foot of the mountain. 一个冬天的早晨, 后娘叫阿巧出去割羊草.
7. The holes are only borings, less than a foot in diameter. 这些洞只不过是一些钻孔，直径不到1英尺。
8. The shape and dimensions of the skyscrapers depend entirely on the necessity of obtaining the maximum income per square foot of ground, and of offering to the tenants offices and apartments that please them. 摩天大楼完全是按这样的需要修建的：每平方英尺地皮取得最大收入和向租房人提供使他满意的办公室和住房。
9. The real dividing line between continents and oceans occurs at the foot of a steeper slope. 大陆和海洋的真正分界线是在陡破脚下。
10. Though he owned a large car, he hardly ever used it, preferring always to go on foot. 尽管他有一辆豪华小轿车，但却很少使用，常常喜欢以步代车。