under separate cover
under separate cover为短语/超纲词汇
1. Each teenager is expected to cover his or her own expenses for articles for personal use, entertainment, long-distance telephone calls and clothing. 每个孩子的个人用品、娱乐、长途电话及衣服都得自己掏钱。
2. But here we come up against the most difficult of all obstacles to contact with people on other planets----the astronomical distances which separate us. 然而，在和外星人联系中我们遇到的最大困难是分隔我们的天文距离。
3. But a series of new environmental laws, together with the creation of parks and nature preserves that cover one quarter of the country, are aimed at protecting Costa Rica’s remaining forests. 但是人们制订了一系列新的环境保护法，还新建了占四分之一国土面积的公园和自然保护区，目的是要保护哥斯达黎加现存的森林。
4. For there is seldom anything to cover them over. 因为陆地上几乎没有什么东西覆盖它们。
5. We had money to cover small purchases, and, apart from wearing down-scale clothing, we did nothing in any of these settings to draw attention to ourselves; we merely shopped quietly in our accustomed manner. 我们身上带有支付小金额货物的钱，而且除了穿低挡衣服外，我们没有在上述任何环境里做过任何吸引他人来注意我们的事；我们仅仅是以我们习惯的方式在静静地购物。
6. The boxers clinched and the referee had to separate them. 拳击手扭抱在一起, 裁判让他们分开.
7. The children sleep in separate beds. 孩子都睡在各自的床上.
8. This temptation to cover the distance between himself and the reader, 这种企图消除自己和读者之间距离的作法，
9. The subway is so jammed that police erect barricades so that women can ride in cars separate from men. 地铁非常拥挤，以致于警察不得不设置路障以便妇女能乘上与男人分开的车厢。
10. The room, which was fairly big, was furnished with large chairs and a round table with a green baize cover. 房间相当大，里面装备着很多大椅子和一张覆盖着绿色台面呢的大圆桌。