uni-=one 变化型 un-
1 (a) being the only one of its type 独一无二的; 仅有的; 唯一的
*a unique work of art 独一无二的艺术作品.
(b) having no like or equal; unparalleled 独特的; 无比的; 无双的
*a unique opportunity 难得的机会
* a unique ability 独有的能力.
2 [pred 作表语] ~ to sb/sth concerning or related to one person or group or thing only 仅与一个人或一个群体或一件事物有关
*special difficulties unique to blind people 盲人遇到的特殊困难.
3 (infml 口) unusual; remarkable 不寻常的; 突出的
*a rather unique little restaurant 别具一格的餐馆.
adj [no comparative]
[Date: 1600-1700; Language: French;Origin:Latin unicus, from unus 'one']
informal unusually good and special
a unique opportunity to study these rare creatures
being the only one of its kind
Each person's fingerprints are unique.
unique to sb/sth
existing only in a particular place or in relation to a particular person or people
The issues being discussed here are not unique to the US.
an actor uniquely suited to the part
1. But the claim made by a local authority to recover the cost of salvaging a sunken pie dish must surely be unique. 但某地当局为打捞一只焙制馅饼的盘子提出索赔，倒是件新鲜的事儿。
2. But people with spinal cord injuries felt the cuts in a unique way: 但这种削减对脊柱伤残的人士更有特别的影响：
3. The episode could reasonably serve as a unique epic of royal espionage! 这一事件理所当然地堪称是国王间谍活动的的独一无二的史诗.
4. The episode could reasonably serve as a unique epic of royal espionage! 这一事件理所当然地堪称是国王间谍活动的的独一无二的史诗.
5. The designs used in the indigenous arts and crafts of this tribe are unique. 这个部落自己生产的工艺品的设计风格很独特。
6. The episode could reasonably serve as a unique epic of royal espionage! 这一幕历史可以说是王室谍报活动中最精彩的篇章。.
7. The Hyde School assumes "every human being has a unique potential" that is based on character, not intelligence or wealth. 海德中学认为"每一个人都有自己的独特潜能"，这种潜能的基础是品格而不是智力或财富。
8. The unique character of the clicking sounds in their language has persuaded some researchers that the Khoisan people are directly descended from the most primitive human ancestors. 他们语言中那种独特的短促而清脆的声音使得一些研究者认为科伊桑人是最原始的人类祖先的直系后裔。
9. Different foods are combined, which creates some very unique flavors. 不同的食物和在一起, 就创出某一种很独特的风味.
10. Different foods are combined, which creates some very unique flavors. 不同的食物和在一起, 就创出某一种很独特的风味.