1 needing immediate attention, action or decision 需立即注意、行动或决定的; 紧急的; 迫切的
*an urgent message, case, cry for help 紧急的消息、情况、呼救
* It is most urgent that we operate. 咱们得马上动手术.
* My car is in urgent need of repair. 我的汽车急需修理.
2 showing that sth is urgent; persistent in one's demands 催促的; 坚持要求的
*speak in an urgent whisper 低声催促.
[Date: 1400-1500; Language: Old French;Origin:Latin, present participle of urgere; URGE1]
very important and needing to be dealt with immediately
He was in urgent need of medical attention.
The report called for urgent action to reduce lead in petrol.
an urgent message
formal done or said in a way that shows that you want something to be dealt with immediately
an urgent whisper
a matter of great urgency
1. Even among rural people in less-developed countries, she said, the need for currency is becoming more urgent. " 她还说，甚至在一些欠发达国家的农村人口当中，对钱的需求也变得越来越迫切了。
2. The urgent need for defence had also vanished. 防护的应急需要也不复存在了.
3. The urgent need for defence had also vanished. 防护的应急需要也不复存在了.
4. Mr Croft: Yes, it is. It is very urgent. I feel awful. I have terrible toothache. 克罗夫特先生: 是的, 很急. 情况很紧急. 我觉得很难受. 牙齿痛极了.
5. Up to now, Mr.Scott has sent a great many requests for spare parts and other urgent messages from one garage to the other. 到目前为止，斯科特先生从一个汽车修理部向另一个发送了大量索取备件的信件和其他紧急函件。
6. Is it urgent? 急吗？
7. It´s very urgent. 很急。