名词:waver 动词过去式:waved 过去分词:waved 现在分词:waving 第三人称单数:waves
1 [I] (of a fixed object) move regularly and loosely to and fro or up and down （指固定的物体）往复或上下摆动或摇动
*a flag waving in the breeze 在微风中飘扬的旗子
* branches waving in the wind 随风摇动的树枝
* a field of waving corn 起伏的麦浪.
2 (a) [I, Ipr] ~ (at/to sb) (of a person) move one's hand to and fro or up and down, eg in order to attract sb's attention （指人）挥手, 招手, 摆手
*He waved (to us) when he saw us. 他看见我们时（向我们）挥了挥手.
* They waved at us from across the room. 他们从房间那一头向我们招手.
(b) [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p, Dpr.t] ~ sth (at sb); ~ sth about cause (one's hand or sth held in one's hand) to move up and down or to and fro, eg in order to make a signal or give a greeting 挥动（手或手中物）（如为示意或致意）
*wave a magic wand 挥动魔杖
* wave a hand, a flag, an umbrella (at sb) （向某人）招手、摇旗子、挥动伞
* He came out waving the document at the crowd. 他出来时向人群挥舞着文件.
* wave one's arms (about) (in the air) 挥舞着双臂
* They waved to us to stay where we were. 他们向我们挥手, 要我们停在原地.
(c) [Tn, Dn.n, Dn.pr] ~ sth (to sb) give (a greeting) (to sb) by waving one's hand 挥手（向某人）（致意）
*They waved farewell. 他们挥手告别.
* wave sb goodbye/wave goodbye to sb 向某人挥手告别.
3 [I, Tn] (cause sth to) form a series of curves （使某物）呈波形
*Her hair waves beautifully. 她的鬈发很漂亮.
* She has had her hair waved. 她烫发了.
4 (idm 习语) fly/show/wave the `flag => flag1.
5 (phr v) wave sb/sth along, away, on, etc show that (a person or vehicle) should move in the specified direction, by waving one's hand 向（某人或车）挥手示意向某方向移动
*She waved them away impatiently. 她不耐烦地挥手让他们走开.
* The policeman waved us on, ie indicated that we should continue. 警察挥手让我们继续前进. wave sth aside dismiss (an objection, etc) as unimportant or irrelevant 不理会（反对意见等）
*Their criticisms were waved aside. 他们提出的批评意见没人理会. wave sth/sb down signal to (a vehicle or its driver) to stop, by waving one's hand 挥手示意让（车或司机）停下来.
a woman who is a member of a US navy volunteer
1. By working at tremendous speed, the men managed to get the dish on to dry land before the wave returned. 工人们动作迅速，终于赶在那股大浪返回之前把盘子拽到了岸上。
2. Water streamed in torrents over its sides with such force that it set up a huge wave in the canal. 波浪从盘子两侧急涌而出，在运河里掀起一股大浪。
3. The wave swept over the deck. 海浪冲刷着甲板。
4. The tidal wave obliterated several island villages. 这次海啸吞没了好几个海岛村落。
5. The basic features include a crest (the highest point of the wave), 它们的基本特征包括浪峰（波浪的最高点）、
6. The apparatus thus described, however, records only the horizontal component of the wave movement, which is, in fact, much more complicated. 然而，这里所说的仪器记录下来的只是地震波运动中的水平部分，地震波的运动实际比这要复杂得多。
7. The third, or main wave, is the slowest and has travelled round the earth through the surface rocks. 第三种波，即主波，是最慢的，是围绕地球通过表面岩石传来的。
8. There was a danger that the wave would rebound off the other side of the bank and send the dish plunging into the water again. 但是当波浪从河对岸折回来时，就有再次把盘子拖进水里的危险。
9. The poor record of survival, plus public reaction against the media´s use of heart transplants for publicity (and perhaps also entertainment), gave rise to a wave of anti-transplant feelings both in and outside the medical profession. 由于手术后病人存活时间短，加之公共舆论反对新闻界利用心脏移植来进行宣传（甚至娱乐），所以，医学界内外掀起了一股反对心脏移植的浪潮。
10. Then Grandma waved at her — the same kind of slow wave a baby makes — and Laurie waved back. 然后，外婆对她挥了挥手，就像小孩那样慢慢地挥了挥手。劳里也对外婆挥了挥手。