名词:weariness 副词:wearily 形容词比较级:wearier 最高级:weariest 动词过去式:wearied 过去分词:wearied 现在分词:wearying 第三人称单数:wearies
adj (-ier, -iest)
1 (a) very tired, esp as a result of effort or endurance; exhausted 疲倦的, 疲劳的（尤指因费力或持久所致）; 精疲力竭
*weary in body and mind 身心疲惫
* They felt weary after all their hard work. 他们把所有的累活儿都干完後感到筋疲力尽.
(b) ~ of sth no longer interested in or enthusiastic about sth; tired of sth 对某事物再无兴趣或热情; 厌倦某事物
*The people are growing weary of the war. 人民对这场战争越来越厌倦了.
* I am weary of hearing about your problems. 我听腻了你那些麻烦事.
2 causing tiredness or boredom 令人疲倦的; 令人厌烦的
*a weary journey, wait 令人厌倦的旅程、等待
* the last weary mile of their climb 他们攀登的令人疲惫的最後一英里路.
3 showing tiredness 显得疲倦或厌倦的
*a weary sigh, smile 疲倦的叹息、笑容.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb (with sth) make sb feel annoyed or impatient 使某人感到烦恼或不耐烦
*It wearies me to have to explain everything in such detail. 让我把一切都得解释得那么详细, 可真烦人.
* She was wearied by the constant noise. 她很厌烦那些没完没了的噪杂声.
* weary sb with requests 一再要求使某人生厌.
2 [Ip] ~ of sb/sth (fml 文) become dissatisfied with sb/sth 对某人[某事物]不满
*She began to weary of her companions. 她逐渐对同伴心怀不满.
* You will soon weary of living abroad. 你在国外生活不消多久就不满意了.
1. They felt weary after all their hard work. 他们把所有的累活儿都干完
2. Many a weary stroke it had cost, you may be sure, and there remained nothing but to get it into the water; and had I succeeded in getting it into the water, I feel certain that I should have begun the maddest voyage that was ever undertaken by man. 造这只船，我不知凿多少下，说筋疲力尽，那一点也不假，剩下的问题只是怎样把它弄下水去。假如我把它弄下了水，我敢肯定，我准会进行人类有史以来最荒唐的航行了。
3. More welcome notes to weary bands 这样美妙的歌吟，来迎接那疲惫的
4. I need to sit down and rest my weary limbs. 我要坐下歇歇腿.