adj (esp of sb's skin) tanned, damaged, roughened, etc as a result of being exposed to the sun and wind （尤指人的皮肤）（因风吹日晒）变黑的、受损的、粗糙的等
*the weather-beaten face of an old sailor 一个老水手的饱经风霜的脸.
weather-beaten buildings, skin, clothing etc look old and damaged because they have been out in bad weather
his weather-beaten face
1. Even if you travel in ideal weather, sea journeys take a long time. 即使风平浪静，坐船旅行也要占用很长时间。
2. Beyond two or three days, the world´s best weather forecasts are speculative, and beyond six or seven they are worthless. 世界上最好的两三天以上的天气预报具有很强的猜测性，如果超过六七天，天气预报就没有了任何价值。
3. Because the weather was very hot, he carried the bed on to the roof of his house. 由于天气很热，他便把床搬到了他的屋顶上。
4. But next year, the weather may not be on their side. 但是，明年的天气可就不一定有利于美国人了。
5. Flights may be cancelled because of bad weather, but trains must be on time. 飞机航班可能因恶劣天气而取消，唯有火车必然是准点的。
6. We are becoming acclimated to New York weather . 我们渐渐习惯了纽约的天气。
7. What awful weather! 多麽坏的天气!
8. Wet weather always depresses me. 我在阴雨天总是心灰意懒.
9. Weather permitting , we´ll go to the mountains. 天气允许的话，我们就到山区去。
10. What´s the weather like in spring? 春季的天气怎么样？