1 (a) period of seven days, usu reckoned from midnight on Saturday 星期, 周（通常从星期六午夜算起）
*last, next, this, etc week 上、下、本...星期
* What day of the week was
2 July last year? 去年7月2日是星期几?
* early next week 下周初
* at the end of last week 上周末
* Sunday is the first day of the week. 星期日是一个星期的第一天.
* He comes to see us once a week. 他每星期来看我们一次.
(b) any period of seven days 七天的时间
*a six weeks' holiday 六周的假期
* a week ago today, ie seven days ago 一星期前的今天
* three weeks ago yesterday, ie twenty-two days ago 三周前的昨天
* They are going on holiday for two weeks. 他们要度假两周.
* I shall be away for no more than a week. 我离开不超过一个星期.
2 (a) the six days apart from Sunday （除星期日以外的）六天
*During the week, the road is very busy but there is very little traffic on Sundays. 从星期一到星期六, 这条路一直川流不息, 但是星期日没什么车辆来往.
(b) the five days other than Saturday and Sunday （除星期六和星期日以外的）五天
*They live in London during the week and go to the country at the weekend. 他们从星期一到星期五都住在伦敦, 周末到郊外去.
* They never have time to go to the cinema during the week. 他们从星期一到星期五从来都没有时间去看电影.
(c) period in a week when one works 一星期工作的时间
*a 35-hour week 35小时的工作周
* The government is introducing a shorter working week. 政府新采用减少每周工作时间的制度.
* How many lessons are there in the school week? 学校里每星期有多少节课?
3 (idm 习语) this day week => day. today, tomorrow, Monday, etc `week seven days after today, tomorrow, Monday, etc 一个星期後的今天、明天、那个星期一...; 即将到来的星期x之後的那个星期x
*Monday week 下下星期一
* Friday week 下星期五. ,week after `week (infml 口) continuously for many weeks 一个星期又一个星期; 一连数周
*Week after week the drought continued. 乾旱持续了许多星期. week ,in, week `out every week without exception 每个星期（都）; 每周均无例外
*Every Sunday, week in, week out, she writes to her parents. 她每个星期日都给她父母写信. a ,week last `Monday,`yesterday, etc seven days before last Monday, yesterday, etc 一个星期前的那个星期一、昨天...
*It was a week yesterday (that) we heard the news. 我们是在八天前听到这个消息的.
[Language: Old English;Origin:
a period of seven days and nights, usually measured in Britain from Monday to Sunday and in the US from Sunday to Saturdayonce/twice/three times etc a week Letters were delivered twice a week only. I can't see you this week .last/next week
(=the week before or after this one) See you next week.
any period of seven days and nightsfor a week/two weeks etc I've been living here for six weeks.in a week/two weeks etc
(=one, two etc weeks from now) If he hasn't phoned in a week, I'll phone him. It will cost you an estimated £10 per week to feed one dog. The training program lasts three weeks.
the part of the week when you go to work, usually from Monday to Friday
= working week a 35-hour weekduring the week I don't see her during the week.Monday week/Tuesday week etcBrE
a week after the day that is mentioned We're off to Spain Sunday week.a week on Monday etcBrEa week from Monday etcAmE
a week after the day that is mentioned The Reids are coming for dinner a week from Sunday. Keith's coming home two weeks on Saturday (=two weeks after next Saturday) .week after weekalsoweek in week out
continuously for many weeks I just seem to do the same things week in week out.
1. Every week there was a rebellion somewhere. 每个星期总有一些地方发生叛乱.
2. Everybody is having a good time after a week of work and study. 一周的工作和学习之后，人人都玩儿得很开心。
3. Each week a computer totals the average length of your calls; if it is under 14 minutes, you're in trouble. 每周，电脑会累计你所接听电话的平均长度；如果不到14分钟，你就有麻烦了。
4. Busmen have decided to go on strike next week. 公共汽车司机决定下周罢工。
5. Busmen have decided to go on strike next week. 公共汽车司机决定下星期罢工。
6. Was he absent from school last week? 他上个星期没去上学吧?
7. We ate turkey last week. 我们上星期吃的火鸡.
8. We´ve been working all week without a moment´s leisure. 我们整星期一直工作, 没有片刻空闲.
9. We´re going to get married next week. 下星期我们就要结婚了。
10. Was he absent from school last week? 上星期他没上学吧？