名词:weirdness 副词:weirdly 形容词比较级:weirder 最高级:weirdest
adj (-er, -est)
1 (frightening because it is) unnatural, uncanny or strange 不自然的、怪异的或奇怪的（因而可怕的）
*Weird shrieks were heard in the darkness. 在黑暗中听见离奇的尖叫声.
2 (infml often derog 口, 常作贬义) unconventional, unusual or bizarre 非传统的; 不寻常的; 古怪的
*weird clothes, hairstyles, taste 古怪的衣物、发型、口味
* I found some of her poems a bit weird. 我觉得她的诗有的有点儿怪.
[Date: 1800-1900; Origin: weird 'what happens to a person in life, fate, (bad) luck' (11-18 centuries), from Old English wyrd]
informal very strange and unusual, and difficult to understand or explain
A really weird thing happened last night.
He's a weird bloke.
They sell all sorts of weird and wonderful (=very strange) products.
a weirdly shaped rock
1. They were awakened by a weird shriek. 他们被一声怪叫吵醒了。
2. "You know I like loud, weird music. Anyway , you're right. We need to have a talk with Sandy," agreed Jane. "你知道我喜欢声音大而怪的音乐。不管怎么说，你还是说得对，我们需要和桑迪谈谈，" 简赞同道。
3. "It sounds weird," the author admits, "until you realize that it's the only explanation that covers all the facts." 该作者指出，"这听起来很荒唐，除非你意识到它是惟一能涵盖所有事实的解释。"
4. She produced all sorts of weird concoctions, but none of them met with Harry´s requirements. 她拿出了各种古怪的调制品，但没有一样能符合哈里的要求。
5. She produced all sorts of weird concoctions, but none of them met with Harry´s requirements. 拿出各种各样稀奇古怪的化妆品，但没有一样能够符合哈里的要求。
6. Jane,I found that guy somewhat weird. 珍妮, 我发觉那家伙有点古怪.
7. Jane,I found that guy somewhat weird. 珍妮, 我发觉那家伙有点古怪.
8. On one weird occasion in 1881, the cargo steamer Ellen Austin discovered a small sailing ship, sails waving uselessly in the wind. 1881年一个诡异的日子里，货轮"艾伦·奥斯丁"号发现了一艘小帆船，帆在风中无望地飘动。
9. It's weird. It is definitely horrible stuff." 这音乐怪透了，绝对糟糕透顶。"