n.耳语,私语,密谈,谣传,飒飒的声音 vi.耳语,密谈,飒飒地响 vt.低声说
形容词:whispery 名词:whisperer 动词过去式:whispered 过去分词:whispered 现在分词:whispering 第三人称单数:whispers
/'wɪspə(r); [US] 'hwɪ-; `hwɪspɚ/
1 (a) [I] speak softly, using the breath but without vibrating the vocal cords 声带不振动而用呼吸声说话; 低语; 小声说
*Why are you whispering? 你为什么低声说话?
(b) [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr, Tf, Dn.pr, Dpr.f, Dpr.t] ~ (about sb/sth); ~ sth (to sb) talk or say sth in this way, esp privately or secretly 小声说某事（尤指私事或秘密事）
*Don't you know it's rude to whisper? 你难道不知道窃窃私语是不礼貌的吗?
* He whispered a word in my ear. 他对我附耳说了一句话.
* `I feel very afraid,' she whispered. ｀我觉得很害怕,＇她低声说.
* She whispered (to me) that she felt very afraid. 她小声（对我）说她觉得很害怕.
* It is whispered(ie There is a rumour) that he is heavily in debt. 据说他负债累累.
2 [I] (of leaves, the wind, etc) make soft sounds; rustle （指叶子、风等）发沙沙声, 发飒飒声
*The wind was whispering in the trees. 一阵风穿过树林沙沙作响.
1 whispering sound, speech or remark 低语; 小声说的话
*He spoke in a whisper. 他低声说话.
2 rumour 传言; 谣言
*I've heard whispers that the firm is likely to go bankrupt. 我听到传闻说公司很可能要破产.
1. "What word?" his father asked unwisely, and Larry said, "I'll have to whisper it to you; it's so bad." "什么字？"他父亲不知趣地问。劳里说："我必须悄悄告诉你，太下流了。"
2. I spoke to him in a whisper. 我低声对他说话。