动词过去式:won 过去分词:won 现在分词:winning 第三人称单数:wins
v (-nn-; pt, pp won / wQn; wQn/)
1 [I, Tn] be victorious in (a battle, contest, race, etc); do best 在（战斗、比赛等）中赢; 获胜
*Which team won? 哪个队赢了?
* She was determined to win (the race). 她决心要赢（这项径赛）.
* win a bet/wager 赢一赌注.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (from sb) obtain or achieve sth as the result of a bet, competition, race, etc （在赌博、竞争、径赛等中）赢得或获得某事物
*She won first prize (in the raffle). 她获得了（慈善抽奖）头奖.
* The Conservatives won the seat (ie in Parliament) from Labour at the last election. 保守党在上次议会选举中从工党手里夺得这个议席.
3 (a) [Tn] obtain or reach (sth), esp as a result of hard work or perseverance 赢得或达到（某事物）（尤指因努力或坚持）
*They are trying to win support for their proposal.他们竭力争取群众支持他们的建议.
(b) [Dn.n, Dn.pr] ~ sth (for sb/sth) cause (sb) to obtain or achieve sth 使（某人）获得或取得某事物
*Her performance won her much critical acclaim. 她的表演大获评论界赞颂.
4 (idm 习语) carry/win the day => day. gain/win sb's hand => hand. gain/win one's laurels => laurel. heads I win, tails you lose => head1. lose/win by a neck => neck. nothing venture, nothing gain/win => venturev. win free free oneself from a difficult position, etc by effort （通过努力）摆脱困境. win (sth) ,hands `down (infml 口) win easily, by a large margin 轻易大胜; 垂手
*The local team won (the match) hands down. 主队以悬殊比分垂手赢得（这场比赛的）胜利. win one's `spurs (fml 文) achieve distinction or fame 获得荣誉或名声. ,win or `lose whether one succeeds or fails 无论胜负; 不管输赢; 不论成败
*Win or lose, it should be a very good match. 姑不论胜负, 这场比赛想必十分精彩. win/lose the toss => tossn. you, one, etc ,can't `win (infml 口) there is no way of achieving success or of pleasing people 无论怎样做都不能成功或都不讨好.
5 (phr v) win sth/sb back regain sth/sb after a struggle 经过奋斗重新获得某事物[某人]
*The party must try to win back the support it has lost. 该党须设法重获人心.
* He hoped to win her love back. 他希望努力重新获得她的爱. win sb over/round (to sth) gain sb's support or favour, esp by persuasion 获得某人的支持或好感（尤指通过劝说）
*She's against the idea, but I'm sure I can win her over. 她反对这个意见, 但我准能说服她改变主意. win out/through (infml 口) come successfully through a difficult period; achieve success eventually 摆脱困境; 终获成功
*We are faced with a lot of problems but we'll win through in the end. 我们面临许多问题, 但终将获得成功.
n victory in a game, contest, etc （游戏、比赛等中的）胜, 赢
*Our team has had five wins and no losses this season. 我队今年赛季赢五场而未输过.
1. Every year I enter for the garden competition too, and I always win a little prize for the worst garden in the town! 每年的花园竞赛我也参加，但总因是镇上最劣的花园而获得一个小奖！
2. What will you do if you win a lot of money? 要是你赢了许多钱，你打算做什么呢？
3. Though the new rudder was fitted at tremendous speed, it was impossible for the Cutty Sark to win. 尽管换装新舵时分秒必争，但"卡蒂萨克"号已经不可能取胜了，
4. They devise hundreds of competitions which will enable us to win huge sums of money. 他们设计数以百计的竞赛，竞赛中有人可赢得巨额奖金。
5. This is an undeclared war that everyone must sign up for in order for us to win. We simply cannot let people continue to die because we don't feel comfortable talking about AIDS. 这是一场不宣而战的战争，我们每个人都必须参加，我们只有这样才能取得胜利。我们绝对不能因为谈论艾滋病会使我们感到难受，而听任人们继续被艾滋病夺去生命。
6. He tried to behave like an aristocrat in order to win the heart of the girl. 为了赢得姑娘的心, 他尽量表现得像个贵族。
7. Does she have enough prestige to win the nomination? 她有足够的威望赢得提名吗?
8. Does she have enough prestige to win the nomination? 她有足够的威望赢得提名吗?
9. Dexterity in questioning the witnesses helped the lawyer win many cases. 这位律师擅长于询问目击者，这帮助他赢了许多案子。
10. After much thought, I came up with a brilliant plan for Rich to meet my mother and win her over. 经过反复思考，我终于想出了一个绝妙的、让里奇与我妈见面，并把她争取过来的计划。