n.女人,妇女,女仆 adj.女人的,女性的,妇女的 vt.为...配备妇女,使成女人腔
n (pl women / 5wImIn; `wImIn/)1 [C]
(a) adult female human being 成年女子
*men, women and children 男子、女子和孩子
* a single (ie unmarried) woman 单身女子（未婚的）
* It's more than a woman (ie any woman) can tolerate. 任何女子都忍受不了这种情况.
* [attrib 作定语] (preferred to lady which is also used 较lady为宜, 但亦可用lady) a ,woman `driver 女司机
* ,women `drivers 女司机们
* I'd prefer a woman doctor to examine me. 我希望由女医生给我检查.
* a `woman friend 女的朋友
* a `French woman 法国女子.
(b) (as an offensive form of address 用作无礼的称呼)
*Shut up, woman! 住嘴, 你这个娘儿们!
2 [sing](without a or the 不用冠词a或the) female human beings in general; the female sex 女的人; 女性
*Woman has been portrayed by artists in many ways. 艺术家用各种形式塑造了女性的形象.
3 the woman [sing] the feminine side of a woman's character 女性的特点
*Newborn babies bring out the woman in her. 新生的婴儿唤起了她女性的特性.
4 (idm 习语) be twice the man/woman => twice. make an honest woman of sb => honest. a man/woman of parts => part1. a man/woman of his/her word => word. a man/woman of the world => world. wine, women and song => wine. a woman of easy `virtue (euph 婉) prostitute 妓女.
1. Besides being an upright and respectable woman she was also a very sensible one. 她是个正派体面的女人，也是个非常明智的女人。
2. But as a woman's power is still strongly perceived to be tied up with the ability to bear children, ageing demonstrates to the world her decline, her uselessness for her primary function. 但由于女性的本领仍在很大程度上被看作与生育能力密切相关，年龄增长向世人显示的是她的衰老，就她的首要作用而言她已无用了。
3. For the woman´s eyes immediately lit up and she fetched several bottles which she placed on the counter for Harry to inspect. 因为那女售货员听完哈里的话后，马上眼睛一亮，拿出几瓶东西放在柜台上让哈里挑选。
4. We tramp another furlong or so, and he says that Mars A is a charming woman. 我们又走了200米左右, 他说甲太太是一位妩媚的女人.
5. Who is the woman in the black hat? 戴黑帽子的那个女的是谁?
6. When the woman shook her head in bewilderment, 那个女售货员还是迷惑不解地摇了摇头。
7. We could see that, for another young woman was serving in her place. 我们看出了这一点，因为另外一个年轻的妇女正替她在那儿工作。
8. Without his leadership and special way of thinking, members of the community quickly returned to the traditional marriage of one woman and one man. 没有了他的领导，没有了他的特殊思维方式，这个社区的成员就很快地恢复了一夫一妻的传统婚姻方式。
9. When a woman was expecting, the man usually asked her to marry him. 当姑娘怀了孕, 小伙子通常会请求她嫁给他。
10. While this eliminates risk and helps to insure that the man and woman will be similar in background and outlook, the theory is that the personalities of the couple provide enough differences to make the relationship interesting. 虽然这种做法排除了风险，也有助于确保男女双方有相同的背景和观点，但从理论上来说，是夫妻个性方面的差异才使得婚姻关系引人入胜。