动词过去式:wrecked 过去分词:wrecked 现在分词:wrecking 第三人称单数:wrecks
1 (a) vehicle, aeroplane, etc that has been badly damaged, esp in an accident 严重损毁的车、飞机等（尤指在事故中）
*The collision reduced the car to a useless wreck. 那辆汽车在碰撞事故中成了一堆废铁.
(b) ship that has been destroyed or badly damaged, esp in a storm 破碎或严重损毁的船（尤指在暴风雨中）
*Two wrecks block the entrance to the harbour. 两艘船的残骸堵塞了通往港口的入口.
2 (usu sing 通常作单数) (infml 口) person whose physical or mental health has been seriously damaged 身体或精神严重受损伤的人
*The stroke left him a helpless wreck. 他患中风之後成了不能自理的废人.
* Worry about the business has turned her into a nervous wreck. 她生意上的烦恼事把她愁得不成人样了.
v [Tn] destroy or ruin (sth) 毁坏或毁灭（某 物）
*The road was littered with wrecked cars. 公路上弃置着撞坏的汽车.
* Vandals completely wrecked the train. 恣意破坏公物的人把那列车完全毁了.
* They had been wrecked (ie shipwrecked) off the coast of Africa. 他们的船在非洲沿海遇难损毁.
* (fig 比喻) The weather wrecked all our plans. 天气恶劣, 我们的计画全毁了. wreckern
1 person who wrecks sth 破坏某事物的人.
2 (US) vehicle used to tow away cars, lorries, etc that have broken down, been damaged, etc （拖走出事汽车等的）拖车.
1. The captain of the Elkor ordered his men to salvage as much as possible from the wreck. "埃尔科"号船长命令船员们尽量从沉船中打捞物品，
2. The plane wasn´t too badly damaged, but over the years, the crash was forgotten and the wreck remained undisturbed. 飞机损坏的程度并不严重，但是，多年来这起飞机失事已被遗忘，飞机残骸也没受到破坏。
3. And in due course ´Trespassers,´ he says, ´will be Prosecuted.´ Poor man!- mentally a wreck. 到时又读道:"闲人莫入, 违者查办." 多可怜的人啊!----一个神智不清的人.
4. With the caption ´She was yet another victim, reduced to a screaming wreck´. 图的文字说明："她是又一个受害者，成了只会尖叫的可怜虫。"