1. But there were times when not a single piece of dry wood could be found and even Humboldt lay with his eyes wide open, listening to the roars of the beasts that surrounded them. 但也有一块干木也找不到的时候，就连洪堡也睁大了眼睛躺在那里，听着包围他们的野兽的吼叫。
2. Wood and stone are building materials. 木材和石头是建筑材料。
3. Wood does not sink in water, it floats. 木头在水中不沉, 而是漂在水面.
4. We tramped through the wood for over two hours until we arrived at a deep stream. 我们在树林里逛了两个多小时，直至到达一条深邃的小溪。
5. We tramped through the wood for over two hours until we arrived at a deep stream. 我们在树林中跋涉了两个多小时，到了一条深溪边。
6. Wood liked to paint faces he knew well. 伍德喜欢画他熟悉的脸。
7. They are banking up the wood. 他们把木材堆起来。
8. This wood cleaves easily. 这种木材容易裂.
9. There is no room for another filing cabinet in the office. 办公室里没有地方可再摆一个公文柜。
10. The children are gathering flowers in the wood. 孩子们在树林里采集花朵。