1. But this killing leaves him confused—not because it is a murder, but because “good people” failed to call the police. 惟独这桩谋杀使他百思不得其解──不是因为它是杀人案，而是因为"好市民们"没有打电话报警。
2. We had to evolve the truth from a mass of confused evidence. 我们不得不从大量庞杂的证据中推断出事情的真象。
3. When my HIV test results returned positive, I was shocked and confused. Was I dying? Was my shot at the '88 Olympics vaporized? 当我知道自己的艾滋病检验结果是阳性时，我感到震惊和困惑。我会死去吗？我想在88年奥运会上再铸辉煌的心愿会化为泡影吗？
4. She is confused in mind. 她心绪纷乱。
5. She had never known her thoughts to be so confused; like the bats now above her, her thoughts quickly flew this way and that. 思绪从未这么乱过，就像头顶飞着的蝙蝠一样，忽东忽西。
6. I had their personalities confused because of their names!" 因为他们的名字，我把他们的性格给搞混了！"