1. But in recent years, as environmental damage has increased, signs of change have sprung up in various pockets around the world. 但近年来，随着环境损害的日益严重，世界各地已经出现了许多变化的迹象。
2. We felt sure that sooner or later a stone would rip a hole in our petrol tank or damage the engine. 我们想念迟早会飞起一个石块把油箱砸开一个窟窿，或者把发动机砸坏。
3. What divorce does is to damage children, making them into refugees as the people in their lives scatter in all directions. 离婚造成的是对孩子的伤害，使他们随着身边人的离散而成了流亡者。
4. The accident did a lot of damage to the car. 这一事故把汽车损坏得很厉害.
5. Alcohol may cause damage to the liver. 酒精可能会损坏肝脏。
6. Also, to prevent property damage, architects now design buildings so that the building's columns and horizontal beams are of equal strength, and vertical support columns are inserted deep into solid soil. 同样，为了预防财产损失，建筑师如今设计楼房时会使房屋的支柱和横梁力度相等，而垂直支柱则深深插入坚实的地基中。
7. Realizing that this was no ordinary fish, the fisherman made every effort not to damage it in any way. 那位渔民意识到这根本不是一条普通的鱼，于是千方百计不让它受到丝毫伤害。