1. `More haste, less speed´ is a well-known paradox. ‘欲速不达’是人所熟知的隽语.
2. Bruce engaged low gear and drove at a terrifying speed. 布鲁斯接上了低档，开车速度令人害怕；
3. Bruce went into a low gear and drove at a terrifying speed, keeping the front wheels astride the crack as he followed its zigzag course. 布鲁斯挂上慢档，把两只前轮分别搁在裂缝的两边，顺着弯弯曲曲的裂缝，以发疯的速度向前开去。
4. By working at tremendous speed, the men managed to get the dish on to dry land before the wave returned. 工人们动作迅速，终于赶在那股大浪返回之前把盘子拽到了岸上。
5. But nothing can match them for speed and comfort. 但就速度与舒适而言，飞机是无与伦比的。
6. We felt little sense of speed or motion. 几乎没有速度或飞行的感觉，
7. The speed-boat had truck a buoy, but it continued to move very quickly across the water. 快艇撞上了一只浮标，但它继续很快地穿过水面。
8. The speed limit on this road is 70 mph. 这条路的车速限制是每小时70英里.
9. The comparable speed from the Moon is only 1.5 miles per second. 而从月球出发的相应速度史是每秒1.5英里。
10. This greatly reduced the speed of the ship, 这样一来，大大降低了船的航速。