1. Every generation seems to need to identify itself." 好像每一代人都要找到自己的本色。"
2. By going for next-generation technology now, Vietnamese telecommunications officials say they'll be able to keep pace with anyone in Asia for decades. 由于现在就选用了下一代的技术，越南负责通信的官员说他们能够在数十年中与亚洲的任何一个国家保持同步。
3. We should learn the frugality of last generation. 我们应该学习上辈的俭朴作风。
4. The only way that they can preserve their history is to recount it as sagas----legends handed down from one generation of storytellers to another. 他们保存历史的唯一办法是将历史当作传说讲述，由讲述人一代接一代地将史实描述为传奇故事口传下来。
5. ----spawning a new generation of garage start-ups and giving the U.S. a jump on its foreign rivals in getting new products to market fast. --造就新一代从汽车间起家的技术人员，在把产品推向市场方面使美国把它的外国对手们打个措手不及。
6. And the generation before me said "Go!" "我的上一代人喊道"跑！"
7. As the heads of next-generation start-ups, these Asian innovators can draw on customs and languages to forge tighter links with crucial Pacific Rim markets. 作为新掘起一代的带头人，亚裔发明家可以凭借他们在习惯和语言上的优势，与关键的太平洋沿岸市场建立起更加牢固的联系。
8. At the Nagpur book show, for example, the latest American social publications were conspicuous by their absence and India's politically conscious leadership has been replaced by a new generation, riding on the wave of the Internet, making fortunes wi 例如，正因为那格浦尔书展上有关美国最新社会学出版物的缺乏，这些书籍反而变得引人注目起来。此外，印度有政治意识的领导层已被那些在因特网上冲浪、在短短几年内发了财的新一代人所取代。
9. "Jukus are raising a generation of kids who only know how to pass entrance examinations," said an official of the Japan Teachers Union. "课外学校正在培养一代只知道如何通过入学考试的孩子，"日本教师工会的一名官员说，
10. "A whole generation still remembers when only 21 miles stood between Hitler and the conquest of England," says a professor of English history. 一位英国史教授说，"整整一代人依然记得希特勒曾经只差21英里就征服英国的那个时刻。"