1. Each demanded some payment that was overdue: twelve shillings for the furniture and oilcloth; one pound four and one penny for the General District and Special Rates; and one pound one and fivepence halfpenny for Poor Rate. 三封信都是催债的，而且每项款都已经过了期。家具和油布十二先令；统税和特税一镑四先令一便士；济贫税一镑一先令五个半便士。
2. Education concerning how to survive an earthquake should be a major emphasis for all government programs and earthquake-related research projects. 教育人们如何在地震中幸存下来，应该是所有政府规划和地震研究项目的重点所在。
3. But the general is the dearest old man! 不过那位将军倒是个好老头儿！
4. But when I went into his room, a carton of cigarettes in my hand, I discovered the "head waiter" in the uniform of a Major General. 但是当我手里拿着一盒香烟走进他房间时，我发现那位“侍者领班”穿上了少将的制服。
5. We have a general cleaning every Saturday. 每星期六下午我们大扫除。
6. What is the major cause of the labour-management strife? 劳资冲突的主要原因是什么?
7. Women of child-bearing age are at greatest risk, since their monthly bleeding is a major source of iron loss. 育龄女性危险最大，因为月经是铁流失的重要原因之一。
8. The proposal found general acceptance. 这个建议得到普遍的赞同。
9. The general arts course at the university encompasses a wide range of subjects. 大学文科包括的科目范围很广.
10. The general is hesitant to court-martial the man. 将军对是否将这人交军法审判还犹豫不决。