1. Bland vegetables are often served with a piquant sauce. 清淡的蔬菜常以辛辣的沙司调味.
2. But before we could be so diplomatic, Rich said, "You know, all it needs is a little soy sauce." 但是我们还没能来得及说一些这样圆滑得体的话，里奇就说。"你知道，这菜只需要加一点点酱油。"
3. Benbow is quick to add, however, that cultural expectations probably exaggerate the difference. 不过，班博又迅速补充说，文化传统上人们对孩子的期望可能更扩大了这一差别。
4. For one of the necessary conditions of preservation is quick burial, 因为保存的必要条件之一是迅速掩埋，
5. We had a choice of the following entrees: roast beef, fried chicken, or baked mackerel. 我们从下列各主菜中选择一项：烤牛肉、炸鸡或烘鲭鱼。
6. There is no shortage of tipsters around offering ´get-rich-quick´ opportunities. 我们周围不乏情报贩子，向人们提供迅速发财致富的机遇。
7. The ants had been quick to find an answer to my thoroughly unscientific methods! 蚂蚁已很快找到了相应的对策，来对付我那套完全不科学的办法！
8. That was quick! 好快啊！
9. Then again, the Tramp's quick eye for a pretty girl had a coarse way about it that was considered, well, not quite nice by English audiences — that's how foreigners behaved, wasn't it? 另外，流浪汉瞟着漂亮女孩的眼神也有些粗俗，被英国观众认为不太正派——只有外国人才那样，不是吗？
10. The sales manager, who was quick-witted, replied: "My company cannot afford a two-volume edition, sir, but we could offer you a copy with a preface!" 头脑灵活的销售经理答道："先生，两卷本公司买不起，不过我们可给你弄一本带‘前言’的！"