1. But suppose the earth could be covered with sensors spaced one foot apart, rising at one-foot intervals all the way to the top of the atmosphere. 假设地球上可以布满传感器，每个相隔1英尺，并按1英尺的间隔从地面一直排列到大气层的顶端。
2. But why suppose that the laws that protect our rights and dignity would not be applicable to cloned persons? 但是为什么会想到保护人类权利和尊严的法律不适用于被克隆的人呢？
3. ´Just one more thing, Mr.Eames. Let us suppose that a child suddenly crosses the road in front of you. "埃姆斯先生，只剩1项了。让我们假设一个小孩子突然在你前面穿过马路。
4. ´I suppose it would, but I never catch a later train.´ "我认为可以，但我从来不乘晚一点儿的车。"
5. "Larry usually adjusts very quickly," I said. "I suppose this time it's Charles's influence." "通常劳里的适应能力是很强的，" 我说。"我猜想这次可能是因为受了查尔斯的影响吧。"
6. And suppose the same card lets you drive a car, get medicine, get cash from machines, pay parking tickets, and collect government benefits. 想一想，这同一张卡能使你驾车、就医、从取款机中提款、付停车费、领政府补助。
7. You may suppose that national borders are nothing to get excited about. 你可能认为国境线没有什么了不起的。
8. Suppose every sensor gives perfectly accurate readings of temperature, pressure, humidity, and any other quantity a meteorologist would want. 再假定每个传感器都极极端准确地读出了温度、气压、温度和气象学家需要的任何其他数据。
9. Suppose you're at a party, someone asks what you do, and you announce 'nomad'. Immediately you're talking about camels (骆驼). And you can leave anytime. 假如你正出席一个宴会，有人问你是干哪一行的，你说是个"游牧者"，马上你就会提到骆驼，而且你还可以随时离席。
10. Suppose that during a negotiation with some government officials, the Minister of Trade makes it clear to you that if you offer him a substantial bribe, you will find it much easier to get an import license for your goods, and you are also likely to 假定在一场与政府官员的谈判中，贸易部长向你明确表示如能给他一大笔贿赂，拿到进口许可证就会容易得多，还可能避免他所说的"程序上的延误" 。