1. He had phoned a friend for advice and then he had gone to the apartment of the elderly woman to get her to make the call. 他先是打给一个朋友征求意见，然后又跑到那老太太家里让她打电话。
2. He is optimistic that once parents make a commitment to the program, they will be daily role models for their children, unlike parents whose children are in boarding schools. 他很乐观地相信，一旦家长们投入到计划当中，他们就会成为孩子们日常行为的榜样，这一点与寄宿学校的学生家长完全不同。
3. He laughs when a film about the Chunnel says it will make the British feel more European. 当时正有一部关于隧道的电影，说隧道会让英国人更有欧洲人的感觉，对此，他一笑了之。
4. He found a way to take an udder cell and make it grow into a new cloned lamb. 他找到了提取乳腺细胞并把它培育成一只新的克隆羊的方法。
5. However, the French delegates think it is the business of governments to make and impose law; the job of a business community like the ICC is to say what is right and wrong, but not to impose anything. 而法国代表认为制定和实施法律是政府的事；像国际商会这样的商业团体该做的是表明孰对孰错，而非强制实行什么。
6. He told me he would make me less strange to myself. I would look more like I felt! 医生跟我说他能使我不对自己感到陌生，我会看上去就像我感受到的那样！
7. Does "anesthetize" mean "make numb to pain"? "麻醉" 的意思是"使对痛麻木"吗?
8. Don´t make a disturbance here. 不要在这儿闹事。
9. Don´t jog me, or you´ll make me spill something! 别碰我, 不然我就把东西弄洒了.
10. David found it much easier to make friends in his new milieu. 大卫发现在新环境里交朋友简单多了。