1. The cock was dead. 公鸡死了.
2. They made a coffin for the dead man. 他们为死者制作了一副棺材。
3. The tiger fell dead. 老虎倒地死去.
4. The wolves dismembered the deer´s dead body with their sharp teeth . 野狼用那锐利的牙齿肢解小鹿的死尸。
5. The gardeners are sweeping up the dead leaves on the drive. 园林工人正在扫除车道上的落叶。
6. The first sign of disaster was a dead sheep floating down. 灾难的第一迹象是一只死羊顺流而下，
7. Things owned for a long time are full of associations with the past, perhaps with relatives who are dead, 东西搁得时间久了，便会充满着与过去岁月的联系，比方说与死去的亲戚有关。
8. This festival is a cheerful occasion, for on this day, the dead are said to return to their homes and they are welcomed by the living. 这个节日是个欢乐的日子，因为在这一天，据说死去的人要回到他们的家里来，活着的人则对他们表示欢迎。
9. Thousands of lanterns slowly drift out to sea guiding the dead on their return journey to the other world. 成千上万只灯笼慢慢漂向大海，指引着亡灵返回另一个世界。
10. This is why their dead were buried on the west bank of the Nile. 所以他们就把死者埋葬在尼罗河西岸。