1. Why, didn´t you tell me only the other day that you´d paid up all we owed for groceries?" 可是，就在前几天，你不是告诉我你已经把我们欠下的买食品杂货的帐都还清吗？”
2. What day is today? 今天是星期几？
3. What day of the month is it? 今天是几号？
4. When people added one extra day to February every four years, they were adding 24 hours, whereas they should have added only 4 times 5 hours, 48 minutes and 46 seconds — a total of 23 hours, 15 minutes and 4 seconds. 人们每四年给2月增加一天，这就增加了24小时，但实际上他们应该增加4个5小时48分46秒——一共是23小时15分4秒。
5. We don't know about dining cars, and when we discover that this train has such a thing, we can hardly afford to go there once a day on the few dollars that my father has brought with him. 我们对餐车一无所知，而且当我们发现这辆列车上有这样一个地方时，爸爸随身带来的那几块美元几乎还不够我们一天去那里吃一次。
6. Whether or not they said anything I can't remember to this day, or whether people just automatically put their hands up I don't know. I put my hands up but I just didn't know what to do. 有那么一会儿，那里一片寂静，而这寂静突然被电话铃声打断。我记得自己当时还曾想知道这会是谁打来的电话呢。没人接电话，于是它就在那原本死一般的寂静里不断地响啊响。
7. Welfare sent Suzanne to look around in my apartment the other day because the chemist said I was using a larger than usual amount of medical supplies. 前几天，由于药剂师说我使用的医疗用品超出常量，于是福利部门派苏珊娜到我的住所调查。
8. The new boy had an auspicious first day in the elementary school. 那新上小学的男孩有幸运的第一天。
9. The doctor told him to bathe his eyes twice a day. 医生叫他每天洗眼两次.
10. The governor decreed a day of mourning. 地方长官发布哀悼一日的命令.