1. This shows how long it was before we deemed it necessary to make sure. 这表明经过了多么漫长的时间之后, 我们才认识到有必要搞清楚.
2. They may even accuse them of disloyalty, or make some spiteful remark about the friends ´parents. 他们甚至责备孩子不忠诚, 或者心怀恶意地评论那些小朋友的父母.
3. The elimination of the bad customs will make our society progress more quickly. 去掉不良风俗可以使我们的社会更快地发展。
4. The chairman was asked to make an impromptu speech. 主席被邀请作即席演讲。
5. The population of the earth is increasing very fast. Man must make the earth support more people. 地球上的人口在迅速增长. 人类必须使地球养活更多的人.
6. The inheritance will make him a rich man. 这笔遗产将使他成为富翁。
7. This may seem a paradoxical claim to make at a time when mankind is so much preoccupied with weapons of destruction. 在人类如此全力贯注于毁灭性武器的时代，这看来可能是一种自相矛盾的主张。
8. They make an annual pilgrimage to Mecca. 他们每年都去麦加朝圣。
9. The population of the earth is increasing very fast. Man must make the earth support more people. 地球上的人口在迅速增长. 人类必须使地球养活更多的人.
10. Theatrical make-up and artificial blood had been used to make the injuries look realistic. 用于化妆的油彩和人造血使的创伤非常逼真.