副词:absently 动词过去式:absented 过去分词:absented 现在分词:absenting 第三人称单数:absents
1 ~ (from sth)
(a) not present (at sth); at another place (than...) 不在场的; 在别处的
*be absent from school, a meeting, work 不上学, 不到会, 缺勤
* absent friends 不在场的朋友们.
(b) not existing; lacking 不存在的; 缺少的; 无
*Love was totally absent from his childhood. 他童年时代没受到丝毫的疼爱.
2 showing that one is not really thinking about what is being said or done around one 茫然的; 恍惚的
*an absent expression, look, etc 茫然的表情, 样子等.
v [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ oneself (from sth) (fml 文) not be present (at sth); stay away (from sth) 不在; 不参与
*He deliberately absented himself from the meeting. 他故意不到会.
1. Was he absent from school last week? 他上个星期没去上学吧?
2. Was he absent from school last week? 上星期他没上学吧？
3. While the others are absent you can stretch out your soul until it fills up the whole room, 其他人不在的时候你可以放飞你的灵魂，让它充满整个房间。
4. Those absent will be back. 暂别的人会回来。
5. He was absent on Monday. 他星期一缺席.
6. He remarked that he would be absent the next day. 他说他次日将不会出席。
7. He was absent on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 他星期一、星期二、星期三和星期四没去上学。
8. After being absent from The Gables for a week, 一次，姑妈有一个星期没在"山墙庄园"住。
9. Mrs Williams: Yes, He was absent on Wednesday . 威廉斯夫人: 是的, 他星期三没上学.
10. Only one boy was absent, namely Harry. 只有一个男孩儿缺席, 就是哈里.