1 school for special training 专科院校
*an a,cademy of `music 音乐学院
* a `naval/`military academy 海军[陆军]军官学校.
2 (in Scotland) secondary school （苏格兰的）中等学校.
3 (usu 通常作 Academy) society of distinguished scholars or artists; society for cultivating art, literature, etc, of which membership is an honour 高等学术团体; 学会
*The Royal Academy (of Arts) 皇家（艺术）学会.
[Date: 1500-1600; Language: Latin;Origin: academia, from Greek Akademeia school in Athens at which the ancient Greek thinker Plato taught, named for Akademos a hero in Athenian stories]
an official organization which encourages the development of literature, art, science etc
the American Academy of Arts and Letters
a college where students are taught a particular subject or skill
a military academy
the Royal Academy of Music
a school in Scotland for children between 11 and 16
a private school in the US
1. Did you go to the Military Academy? 你是否念过军校?
2. After I got out of the Military Academy ,I was a platoon leader. 军校毕业之后我当排长, 然后我当连长.
3. "They want to make their own arrangements, rather than let a court decide," said the president of the New York chapter of the American Academy of Marriage Lawyers. "他们想自己安排解决，而不想让法庭裁决，" 美国婚姻法律师协会纽约分会的会长说。
4. Meanwhile, he founded a highly successful Academy and even Lord Byron became one of his pupils. 与此同时，他建立了一个极为成功的拳击学校，甚至拜伦勋爵都成了他的学生。
5. Meanwhile, he founded a highly successful Academy and even Lord Byron became one of his pupils. 同时，他建立了一所拳击学校，办得很成功，连拜伦勋爵也成了他的学生。