-ant 形容词字尾 变化型 -ent
1 very bright; sparkling 非常明亮的; 光辉夺目的
*brilliant sunshine 灿烂的阳光
* a brilliant diamond 耀眼的钻石
* a sky of brilliant blue 蔚蓝色的天空.
2 (a) very intelligent; highly skilled or talented 极聪明的; 技艺精湛的; 才华横溢的
*a brilliant scientist, musician, footballer, etc 卓越的科学家、音乐家、足球运动员等
* She has a brilliant mind. 她头脑敏锐.
(b) causing admiration; outstanding; exceptional 令人钦佩的; 杰出的; 非凡的
*a brilliant achievement, exploit, career, performance, etc 非凡的成就、功绩、事业、表演等
* The play was a brilliant success. 这出戏是一大成功.
[Date: 1600-1700; Language: French;Origin: , present participle of briller 'to shine', from Italian brillare, probably from Latin beryllus; BERYL]
brilliant light or colour is very bright and strong
She closed her eyes against the brilliant light .
We sat outside in the brilliant sunshine .
She was dressed in brilliant white.
extremely clever or skilful
I think that's a brilliant idea .
a brilliant performance
a brilliant young musician
The film was absolutely brilliant .
He had a long and brilliant career .
The project was a brilliant success .
The sun was shining brilliantly.
The goalkeeper played brilliantly.
1. The plant has a brilliant purple flower. 那棵植物开著一朵鲜艳的紫花.
2. The brilliant illumination of the moon cheered everyone. 明亮的月光让每个人高兴。
3. Though he managed to take a number of brilliant photographs, he could not stay near the volcano for very long. 尽管他设法拍了一些十分精彩的照片，但他却不能在火山附近停留太长的时间。
4. Three years later, I find myself enjoying my relationship with this brilliant man who talks about the yield curve and other financial statistics, who prays when I drive, 三年后的今天，我发现自己与这位出色的男人之间的关系十分愉快。他谈论着投资收益曲线及其他的财经统计资料；我开车时他祈祷；
5. After much thought, I came up with a brilliant plan for Rich to meet my mother and win her over. 经过反复思考，我终于想出了一个绝妙的、让里奇与我妈见面，并把她争取过来的计划。
6. On a brilliant summer's morning in 1945, Kaz Tanaka looked up into the sky over Hiroshima and saw the beginning of the end of her world. She was eighteen. 1945年夏天, 一个阳光灿烂的早晨，田中和子抬头向广岛上空望去，看见了预示她的世界快要结束的前兆。当时她才18岁。