-et 具有“缩小”意义的名词字尾 变化型 -ette
1 [C] piece of furniture with drawers or shelves for storing or displaying things 储藏柜
*a filing cabinet 文件柜
* a medicine cabinet 药品柜
* a china cabinet 瓷器柜.
2 [C] case or container for a radio, record-player or television （放收音机、唱机或电视机的）框架或间格.
3 (also the Cabinet) [CGp] group of the most important government ministers, responsible for government administration and policy 内阁
*Members of the Cabinet are chosen by the Prime Minister. 内阁阁员是由首相挑选的.
* [attrib 作定语] a cabinet minister, meeting, reshuffle 内阁阁员、会议、改组.
1500-1600; Language: French;Origin:'small room'
, from Old North French
cabine 'room for gambling'
]alsoCabinet [also + plural verb]BrE
the politicians with important positions in a government who meet to make decisions or advise the leader of the government a cabinet meeting a member of the Cabinet
a piece of furniture with doors and shelves or drawers, used for storing or showing things
= cupboard The aspirin's in the medicine cabinet.
1. There is no room for another filing cabinet in the office. 办公室里没有地方可再摆一个公文柜。
2. The Prime Minister presided at the Cabinet meeting. 首相主持了内阁会议。
3. No Kenyan woman has ever held a cabinet post. 从来没有一位肯尼亚妇女担任过内阁职务。
4. He started training as a cabinet-maker because he was good with his hands; but when he was 20 he went up to London to work under his brother, William, a skilled medical teacher. 由于手巧，他开始学做桌椅。但20岁那年，他到伦敦，在富有经验的医学教师——哥哥威廉的手下做事。
5. Members of the Cabinet are chosen by the Prime Minister. 内阁阁员是由首相挑选的.
6. Churchill brought Eden, Lord Ismay, Deputy Secretary to the War Cabinet, and Major Birse as interpreter. 丘吉尔带了艾登、战时内阁大臣伊斯梅勋爵，译员伯尔斯少校。