1 [usu attrib 通常作定语] causing people to laugh; funny 使人发笑的; 可笑的; 滑稽的
*a comic song, performance, etc 滑稽的歌曲、表演等
* His accident with the microphone brought some welcome comic relief to a very dull party. 他撞上了话筒, 这给极沉闷的聚会带来了些欢乐.
2 [attrib 作定语] of, containing or using comedy 喜剧的; 有喜剧成分的; 运用喜剧的
*comic opera 喜剧歌剧
* a comic actor 喜剧演员.
1 comedian 喜剧演员
*a popular TV comic 观众喜爱的电视喜剧演员.
2 (US `comic book) children's magazine containing stories told mainly through pictures （儿童的）连环画册.
1. But only Charle Chaplin could have created the great comic character of " the Tramp ", the little man in rags who gave his creator permanent fame. 但只有查理·卓别林才能塑造出了不起的喜剧角色"流浪者"，这个使其创作者声名永驻的衣衫褴褛的小人物。
2. All the same, Chaplin's comic beggar didn't seem all that English or even working class. 尽管如此，卓别林的喜剧乞丐形象并不那么像英国人，甚至也不像劳动阶级的人。
3. A few months later, a couple of almost comic body-thieves stole his body from the family burial chamber and held it for money: the police recovered it with more efficiency than Mack Sennett's clumsy Keystone Cops would have done. 几个月后，几个近乎可笑的盗尸者从他的家庭墓室盗走了他的尸体以借此诈钱。警方追回了他的尸体，其效率比麦克·塞纳特拍摄的启斯东喜剧片中的笨拙警察要高得多。
4. Yet even this painfully-bought self-knowledge found its way into his comic creations. 然而即使是这种以沉重代价换来的自知之明也在他的喜剧创作中得到了表现。
5. Most funny stories are based on comic situations. 大部分令人发笑的故事都是根据喜剧情节编写的。
6. He was the kind of comic who used his physical senses to invent his art as he went along. 他是那种边表演边根据身体感觉去创造艺术的喜剧演员。