1 [U] action of considering (consider 1) or thinking about sth 考虑
*Please give the matter your careful consideration. 此事请你仔细考虑.
* The proposals are still under consideration, ie being considered. 那些提议仍在审议中.
2 [U] ~ (for sb/sth) quality of being sensitive or thoughtful towards others, their feelings, etc （对他人、他人的情绪等的）顾及, 体贴
*He has never shown much consideration for his wife's needs. 他从来不大考虑妻子的需要.
* Out of consideration for the bereaved family's feelings the papers did not print the story. 由于考虑到那个家庭失去亲人的痛苦, 报纸没有刊登那件事.
3 [C] thing that must be thought about or taken into account; reason 要考虑的事; 考虑到的事; 原因; 因素
*Time is an important consideration in this case. 在这种情况下, 时间是一个要考虑的重要因素.
* Several considerations have influenced my decision. 有好几个因素影响了我的决定.
4 [C] (fml 文) reward; payment 报酬; 酬金
*I will do it for you for a small consideration (of 50). 我愿替你做这件事, 只消给我一点小小的报酬（50英镑）.
5 (idm 习语) in consideration of sth (fml 文) in return for sth; on account of sth 作为对...的回报; 考虑到
*a small payment in consideration of sb's services 答谢某人服务的微薄酬金. leave sth out of account/consideration => leave1. take sth into consideration take account of sth; make allowances for sth 考虑某事物; 体谅某事物
*I always take fuel consumption into consideration when buying a car. 我买汽车时总要把燃油消耗量考虑在内.
careful thought and attention, especially before making an official or important decision
proposals put forward for consideration
There are several amendments under consideration.
due/serious/proper etc consideration
After due consideration, I have decided to tender my resignation.
give sth careful/full etc consideration
We would have to give serious consideration to banning it altogether.
These plans definitely merit further consideration.
take sth into consideration
to remember to think about something important when you are making a decision or judgement
We will take your recent illness into consideration when marking your exams.
a fact that you think about when you are making a decision
Political rather than economic considerations influenced the location of the new factory.
the quality of thinking about other people's feelings and being careful not to upset them
The murdered woman's name has not been released, out of consideration for her parents.
They've got no consideration for others .
Show some consideration !
a payment for something, especially a service
I might be able to help you, for a small consideration .
a payment in consideration of (=as payment for) their services
1. And without giving any consideration to the effects produced on the individuals and on their descendants by the artificial mode of existence imposed by the factory. 工厂把一种人为的生存方式强加给工人，却不顾及这种生存方式给工人及其后代带来的影响。
2. Please give the matter your careful consideration. 此事请你仔细考虑.
3. Roosevelt understood, and I must say he was an excellent speaker to interpret for, showing in a variety of ways consideration for my work. 罗斯福能理解，我必须要说对于给他做翻译的人来说，他是一个很优秀的讲话者，从很多方面都表现出他考虑到了我的工作。
4. In the first place, any scientific study requires that there be no preferential weighting of one or another of the items in the series it selects for its consideration. 首先，任何科学研究都要求人们对可供考虑的诸多因素不能厚此薄彼，偏向某一方面。
5. In Japan great consideration is given to the thoughts and opinions of everyone at all levels. 在日本，更多的是对各阶层所有人员的想法和意见都予以认真考虑。