1 (a) [U] transparent colourless mineral, such as quartz 无色透明的矿物（如石英）; 水晶.
(b) [C] piece of this, esp when used as an ornament 水晶石; （尤指）水晶饰品
*a necklace of crystals 水晶珠项链
* [attrib 作定语] a crystal bracelet, watch, etc 水晶镯子、石英表.
2 [U] high-quality glassware, made into bowls, vases, glasses, etc 晶质玻璃制品（如碗、瓶、杯等）
*The dining-table shone with silver and crystal. 餐桌上摆的银制餐具和晶质玻璃器皿闪闪发光.
* [attrib 作定语] a crystal vase, chandelier, etc 晶质玻璃花瓶、吊灯等.
3 [C] (chemistry 化) regular many-sided shape which the molecules of a substance form when it is solid 结晶（体）
*sugar and salt crystals 糖和盐的结晶体
* snow and ice crystals 雪和冰的结晶体.
4 [C] (US) glass or plastic cover of the face of a watch 表蒙子.
[Date: 1000-1100; Language: Old French;Origin: cristal, from Latin crystallum, from Greek krystallos 'ice, crystal']
very high quality clear glass
a set of six crystal glasses
a small regular-shaped piece of a substance, formed naturally when this substance becomes solid
copper sulphate crystals
[U and C]
rock that is clear, or a piece of this
the clear cover on a clock or watch
1. The workers imitate a diamond with crystal. 工人们用水晶仿造钻石。
2. The Crystal Palace was different from all other buildings in the world, for it was made of iron and glass. 这座水晶宫不同于世界上所有的其他建筑，因为它是用钢和玻璃建成的。
3. After I had given her some money, she looked into a crystal ball and said: 我给了她一些钱后，她便查看着一个水晶球说道：
4. Always, he chose the crystal. Nothing but the best,” said David Abdy, who was chosen by Mr. Williams to manage the construction work and run the businesses. 他选了水晶的。他一向如此，只要最好的。" 戴维·阿布迪说。威廉斯先生指派他负责修建工作，并经营这家宾馆。
5. A man with an interest in Atlantis, the legendary lost island, Berlitz expands upon the theory that a giant solar crystal, which once was the power generator for Atlantis, lies on the ocean floor. 伯利茨对传说中消失的岛屿亚特兰蒂斯很感兴趣，他扩展了这一学说，认为曾是亚特兰蒂斯发电机的巨型太阳能水晶现在就在海底。
6. Perhaps the most extraordinary building of the nineteenth century was the Crystal Palace, which was built in Hyde Park for the Great Exhibition of 1851. 19世纪最不寻常的建筑也许要数水晶宫了，它是为1851年的"世界博览会"而建在海德公园的。
7. “I would offer him three choices of glasses for the restaurant: an average one, a poor one, and fine crystal. "我提供给他三种玻璃酒杯，让他选用于餐厅。一种是普通的，一种是便宜的，还有一种是漂亮的水晶的。
8. On arriving in England, they were taken to the Crystal Palace by train. 一到英国，火车就把他们送到了水晶宫。
9. Later, the Crystal Palace was moved to South London. 后来，"水晶宫"被移到了伦敦南部。
10. From time to time, according to his theory, passing ships and planes set off the crystal, which confuses their instruments and sucks them into the ocean. 按照他的理论，过往的船只或飞机时不时会触动那块水晶，于是它会干扰它们的仪器，把它们吸入海底。