adj ~ (to sb/sth) very loving or loyal 热爱的; 非常忠实的; 全心全意的
*a devoted son, friend, supporter, etc 孝子、忠实的朋友、不遗余力的支持者
* She is devoted to her children. 她深爱她的孩子.
giving someone or something a lot of love and attention a devoted fatherdevoted to Isabella was devoted to her brother.
dealing with, containing, or being used for only one thing
= dedicateddevoted to a museum devoted to photography
strongly supporting someone or something because you admire or enjoy them Beckham's devoted fans The journal had a devoted following of around 1000 subscribers.>devotedlyadv
1. The death of his devoted friend made him sad. 他忠实朋友的去世使他很悲痛。
2. The ministry was a very devout man and devoted his whole life to Christian mission work. 那位牧师是位虔诚的教徒，把他的一生献于基督传教工作。
3. The first two weeks are more or less devoted to the study of phonetics. 头两个星期差不多用在语音的学习上。
4. He has devoted his life to the revolution. 他把他的一生献给了革命事业。
5. Resources devoted to AIDS testing, care, and education could also be used to battle other, more-known diseases in developing countries. 用于艾滋病检验、护理和教育的资源在发展中国家同时也可用来防治其他较常见的疾病。
6. Lei Feng devoted himself to the cause of communism. 雷锋把一生献给了共产主义事业。
7. Little Hans had many friends, but the most devoted friend was big Hugh the Miller. 小汉斯有很多朋友，但是最忠实的朋友要算磨坊主大休。
8. Indeed, the rich Miller was so devoted to little Hans that when he passed his garden he always picked a large bouquet of flowers, or if it was the fruit season, he would fill his pockets with plums and cherries. 的确，这位富有的磨坊主对小汉斯非常忠实，他每次路过汉斯的园
9. I must admit that I am now a devoted grandmother, 我得说我现在已是一个慈爱的外祖母，