1 [U] art of representing objects by lines, with a pencil, chalk, etc 绘画（艺术）; 制图（技巧）
*classes in figure drawing 人物素描课.
2 [C] picture made in this way 图画; 图样
*a collection of Italian drawings 意大利素描集.
a picture that you draw with a pencil, pen etc
a drawing of Canterbury Cathedral
the art or skill of making pictures, plans etc with a pen or pencil
I've never been very good at drawing.
a competition in which people whose names or tickets are chosen by chance win money or prizes
British Equivalent: draw
The church social will include a buffet dinner and a prize drawing .
1. Born June 5, 1952, in St. Louis, the oldest of three daughters, she started drawing almost as soon as she could hold a pencil. 恩格尔布赖特1952年6月5日出生在圣路易斯，是三姐妹中的老大，她几乎刚学会拿铅笔就开始画画。
2. When anyone opens a current account at a bank, he is lending the bank money, repayment of which he may demand at any time, either in cash or by drawing a cheque in favour of another person. 任何人在银行开一个活期账户，就等于把钱借给了银行。这笔钱他可以随时提取，提取的方式可以是取现金，也可以是开一张以他人为收款人的支票。
3. The girl has real talent in drawing. 这个姑娘的确有绘画才能。
4. The air exploded in blinding lightning and colour, the rays shooting outward as in a child's drawing of the sun, and Kaz was flung to the ground so violently that her two front teeth broke off; she had sunk into unconsciousness. 天空中爆发出眩目的闪电和色彩，喷射出的一道道光就像孩子画笔下的一道道太阳光。和子被重重地摔在了地上，磕掉了两颗门牙。她陷入了昏迷。
5. He teaches drawing. 他教绘画。
6. He was constantly on the move, drawing the Danes after him. 他的部队不停地移动，牵着敌人的鼻子，让他们跟着跑。
7. Her business card once featured a drawing of Ann Estelle, cigar in her mouth and drink in hand, with the message "Engelbreit's the Name, Cute Is My Game." 她的商业贺卡曾显著印着一幅安·埃丝特尔的画像：嘴里叼着雪茄，手里端着酒杯，同时附字一行："恩格尔布赖特是我的名字，可爱是我的招牌。"
8. And you avoid the frustration of arriving at the very moment when the train is drawing out of the station and being unable to get on it. 而且可以避免那种正好在火车驶出站时赶到车站，因上不去车而感到的沮丧。
9. An ocean wave passing through deep water causes a particle on the surface to move in a roughly circular orbit, drawing the particle first towards the advancing wave, 穿过深水的海浪使水面上的一个微粒按照一种近乎圆形的轨道移动，先把微粒拉向前移动的海浪，
10. Seeing a cake flying through air, a lorry-driver who was drawing up alongside the car, pulled up all of a sudden. 一个正把车开到那车旁边的货车司机看见一块蛋糕从空中飞来，突然把车刹住。