名词:earliness 形容词比较级:earlier 最高级:earliest 副词比较级:earlier 最高级:earliest
(-ier, -iest) adj, adv
1 near to the beginning of a period of time 早; 初; 初期
*the early morning 清早
* in early spring 早春
* in his early twenties, ie aged between
* early works (of a composer, poet, writer, etc), ie those written at the beginning of a career （作曲家、诗人、作家等的）早期作品
* Two players were injured early in the season. 有两名选手在该季开始不久就受了伤. Cf 参看 late1 2, late2 2.
2 before the usual or expected time 提前; 提早
*early peaches, ie peaches that ripen early in the season 早熟的桃子
* an early breakfast, eg at
5 am 很早的早餐（如于早晨5时者）
* I got up early today. 我今天起得很早.
* The bus arrived five minutes early. 公共汽车早到了五分钟. Cf 参看 late1 1, late2 1.
3 (idm 习语) at your earliest con`venience (fml esp commerce 文, 尤用于商业) as soon as possible 尽早
*Please deliver the goods at your earliest convenience. 请尽早送货. bright and `early => bright. an `early bird (joc 谑) person who arrives, gets up, etc early 早到、早起等的人
*You're an early bird this morning! 你今天起得真早啊! the ,early bird catches the `worm (saying 谚) the person who arrives, gets up, etc first will be successful 早起的鸟才能捉到虫; 捷足先登. early `days (yet) (esp Brit) too soon to be sure how a situation, etc will develop 过早; 尚早
*I'm not sure if our book will be a success it's early days yet. 我们这本书是否受欢迎, 我没有把握--现在言之过早. the early `hours very early in the morning, ie not long after midnight 深夜
*They were dancing till the early hours. 他们跳舞跳到深夜. an early/a late night => night. early `on soon after the start of a past event 在初期; 开始後不久
*I knew early on (in the film) that I wasn't going to enjoy it. 电影一开演我就知道不会喜欢这部电影. an early/late riser => riser (rise1). ,early to `bed and ,early to `rise (makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise) (saying 谚) living sensibly and without excesses (will bring a person good health, money and wisdom) 睡得早, 起得早, （富足、聪明、身体好）. keep early `hours rise early or go to bed early 早起; 早睡.
1. Early next morning, she saw a light ahead. 第二天一清早，她看见前面有灯光.
2. Even seemingly insignificant remains can shed interesting light on the history of early man. 甚至表面看来微不足道的遗物，也能使人类早期历史有趣地展现出来。
3. Early next morning, she heard planes passing overhead and wondered how she could send a signal. 第二天清晨，她听到头上有飞机飞过，却不知道怎样才能发出信号，
4. Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. 早睡早起，富裕、聪明、身体好。
5. Even seemingly insignificant remains can shed interesting light on the history of early man. 即使看起来微不足道的遗物，也可能揭示人类早期历史的一些有趣的内容。
6. Early next morning, she saw a light ahead. 第二天凌晨，她看到前方有灯光，
7. Early next morning, she heard planes passing overhead and wondered how she could send a signal. 第二天一大早，她听到头顶上有飞机飞过，但不知道怎样才能发个信号。
8. Experiments have proved that children can be instructed in swimming at a very early age. 实验证明，儿童在很小的时候就可以开始学习游泳。
9. Early in 1493 Columbus returned to Spain. 1493年初，哥伦布回到了西班牙。
10. Early on, the team used the quality-improvement concept known as benchmarking — adopting the best methods or processes used by other companies. 初期，小组使用了被称为水准基标法的质量改进概念，即采用其他公司使用的最佳方法或疗程。