/,i:kə'nɒmɪk, ,ekə'nɒmɪk; ,ikə`nɑmɪk, ,ɛkə`-nɑmɪk/
1 [attrib 作定语] of economics(1), or of an economy 经济学的; 经济的
*the government's economic policy 政府的经济政策
* economic development 经济发展
* economic sanctions, ie punishment of another country by reducing or stopping trade with it 经济制裁.
2 [attrib 作定语] connected with trade and industry 与贸易和工业有关的
*economic geography, ie studied mainly in connection with industry 经济地理.
3 designed to give a profit 为获取利润的; 有利可图的
*an economic rent, ie one that brings the owner at least as much money as he has spent on the house 有利可图的租金（给业主带来至少相当其花费于该房产的钱者）
* It is not always economic for buses to run on Sundays. 公共汽车星期日行驶不一定准能赚钱.
adj [only before noun]
relating to trade, industry, and the management of money
→economy Economic growth is slow. the government's economic policy Economic reform is needed. In the current economic climate (=conditions) , we must keep costs down.
an economic process, activity etc produces enough profit for it to continue
≠ uneconomic It is no longer economic for us to run the service.
Do not confuse with economical
(=cheap or not wasteful).
1. Economic crisis is the inevitable outcome of the capitalist system. 经济危机是资本主义制度的必然结果。
2. Economic development depends on political stability. 经济发展依靠政治稳定。
3. Beijing is the political , economic and cultural centre of China. 北京是中国的政治、经济和文化中心。
4. Back in the good old days of stable economic expansion — the 1950s and 1960s — a person could choose to do something new, exciting, and creative in life but could also choose to say, "That's not for me: 回顾过去经济平稳发展的好时光--20世纪的50年代和60年代--人们可能会选择生活中某种既新鲜刺激，又有创意的事干，但是也可能会说：
5. Women's economic contributions also are becoming increasingly important. 妇女在经济上的贡献也越来越重要。
6. The economic boom tapered off in the 1970s. 经济繁荣在七十年代慢慢消失了。
7. This increases the expense of government, and reduces correspondingly the amount of economic resources that could be used for developing the country. 这样的一来就增加了政府的开支，从而相应地减少了可以用来了展国家的那部分经济资源。
8. They were expecting their sixth child and were faced with even more pressing economic problems. 第6个孩子即将问世，他们面临着更为严峻的经济问题。
9. They would have continued to struggle against economic odds and would have lived in obscurity. 这家人会继续为克服经济上的拮据而奋斗，并默默无闻地活下去。
10. The great majority of nations concern themselves with economic development, regardless of its effect on the global ecology. 绝大多数国家只顾经济发展，而不顾经济发展对全球生态环境的影响。