adj timid; not brave 怯懦的; 不勇敢的.
not trying very hard, because you do not want to do something, or you are not confident that you can succeed
= half-hearted She made a rather faint-hearted attempt to stop him from leaving.sth is not for the faint-hearted
used humorously to say that something is difficult and needs a lot of effort
1. Beneath his gruff exterior he´s really very kind-hearted. 他外表粗鲁, 心地却十分善良.
2. Below are some predictions made by Richard N. Farmer, who gave his light-hearted opinion of the "World of 2084." 下面是理查德 N·法默所作的一些预测，他以轻松愉快的心情为 “2084年的世界” 描绘了一幅充满妙趣的图画。
3. Without warning, her shallow breathing stops, and within a few moments, the faint pulse is also gone. 没有一点先兆，她那细弱的呼吸就停止了。几秒钟后，微弱的脉搏也消失了。
4. The darkness waned and a faint auroral glow began to appear in the east. 黑暗接近尾声，而一道微弱的曙光开始从东方出现。
5. That evening he was in an unusually light-hearted mood. 那晚他的心情异常轻松。
6. The noise had been so faint that no one thought that the ship had been damaged. 由于这个声音非常轻，没人会想到船身已遭损坏。
7. They are ice cold, and I quickly move to the wrist and feel for the faint pulse. 冰凉冰凉的。我忙将手移到她的手腕，感觉那微弱的脉搏。
8. His grandmother fell in a dead faint. 他的祖母昏倒了。
9. Suddenly there came the faint sound of a bell. 突然，传来了微弱的铃声，
10. Pretending to faint was merely (an) artifice. 假装昏迷只不过是个诡计.